Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
Your picks this week were weak sauce!!! You're turning into the people on T.V. that you make fun of on here. How could you not take Florida over LSU. LSU has a horrible quaterback and Florida has the number 1 ranked defense in college football. with your football knowlege and arrogance I think you're close to having your own college football show on ESPN

Its called having some fun. You come on here and talk crap after the fact, thats weak.

Next year I'll start a pickem on here and we can all talk smack and see whos the better picker. I'm .738 this season, against the spread. How are you doing?

Trying to pick top 25 upsets in CFB is not easy but its fun trying, so until you come on here and try to pick some upsets ****. heh.

If Forcier wouldn't have stepped on it, I would have got 2-3.

Big win for Iowa. Their secondary can play.

'Bama looks like the tops so far.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 10-11-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times

YouTube - (HD) Jerico Nelson (Arkansas) lays the smack down on an Auburn player

Old 10-11-2009, 10:54 AM

623 posts, read 1,542,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!

Let's not get crazy now. Let's get one thing straight. The top SEC teams are not afraid to play USC, they are afraid to play outside the South against quality opponents.

Bottom line is you are going to have SEC honks on this board reiterating the same tired garbage of how tough the SEC is and even list teams like Tennessee, Georgia, and Auburn as good teams, when they are not all that strong (UT is horrible). Heck, even Bama got rolled, not just beaten, but humiliated against Utah. They will always say how much better the SEC is and call conferences like the Big XII and Pac-10, what was it, "lesser conferences?"

You get dudes that are Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas fans that need that conference affiliation to make their team somehow validated. IMO, here is a breakdown of the SEC.

Bama- overrated and got whipped versus Utah, a team that needed 9 points or so in the last 2 mins to beat Oregon State.
Tennessee- tough? Are you kidding me? They lost at home to fUCLA? In fact, they lost 2 years in a row to a weak Pac-10 team. They are not tough or good.
Auburn- Is that the team that scores, what 5 points in victory. They had some tough teams in the past, but like another equal SEC team, got ran over against USC. Man, they played horrible OOC teams this year, so now they are somehow tough. Heck, last year they had a losing record.
Georgia- Oh, Georgia. Is that the same team that hasn't come out of the South for like 600 years? Oh, yes, they beat Arizona State 2 years in a row. Who hasn't beaten ASU? Plus, they nearly lost this year and needed a last second field goal...at home. They have no defense and an average offense.
Ole Miss- Well, the pompous Grove is upset that they got beaten. However, most of the world outside of Oxford knew they were overrated. They are the epitome of an overrated SEC team.
Florida- hands down they are good. You can't argue with that.
LSU- Jury is still out, but I think they are good.

the rest of the SEC- weak, lame, bad, not even in the conversation.

Here is a link that argues the Pac-10 vs. SEC.

Pac-10 vs. SEC leans toward the West Coast : Lindys Sports

Based on my incredible inference skills and judging by the 10,000 year history of the SEC shelling up in their SEC cave during their OOC schedule, I'm going to infer that the top SEC teams do not want to play USC. Kudos for Tenessee and Georgia for putting Oregon on their schedule (home-away series in the future), because they will lose.
The SEC has been roundly respected as the best conference top-to-bottom for at least the last 5 years and this season is no different. A SEC schedule is the toughest, period.

The Vols a improving, not yet a good team, but will curb-stomp the Ducks next year. At least your sorry team will still have Pocahontas feathers and decibels to brag about.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
The SEC has been roundly respected as the best conference top-to-bottom for at least the last 5 years and this season is no different. A SEC schedule is the toughest, period.

The Vols a improving, not yet a good team, but will curb-stomp the Ducks next year. At least your sorry team will still have Pocahontas feathers and decibels to brag about.
BWWWAAHHHAAAA! You're delusional. You couldn't even beat UCLA at home. We may not have looked all that great yesterday, but we went into their house with a second string QB (starting his first game ever as a college player), a beat up secondary and beat up young offensive line (that still allowed us to run for over 300 yards) and came out with a victory (by 14 points). In fact, they only scored a touchdown off an INT in the endzone.

Talk about young all you want, but the Ducks are young as well. We only lose our TE off the offense. If you had a winning record, maybe, just maybe we can talk. Until then, I bid you fair well and we'll see you in Knoxville where we will take you behind the woodshed, steal your women and plant the Oregon flag in that pit of a stadium....arrgghhh!

Last edited by Acuda; 10-11-2009 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 12:21 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Its called having some fun. You come on here and talk crap after the fact, thats weak.

Next year I'll start a pickem on here and we can all talk smack and see whos the better picker. I'm .738 this season, against the spread. How are you doing?

Trying to pick top 25 upsets in CFB is not easy but its fun trying, so until you come on here and try to pick some upsets ****. heh.

Count me in next year. You'll know my picks every week, as I pick the Ducks to win with maximum points...yes, even against USC.

I agree that Bama looks the best so far.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Really, f u. Is that what you have? Your panties are bound up tight there in Birmingham. Everyone just seems to pick on the poor ol' SEC. Oh, I'm sorry, but the SEC has a losing record to the Pac-10 this decade. You are not dominant. You are a great conference, but you would not destroy all other teams. Please tell me how Bama lost to a Utah team that needed 9 points in the last 1:20 to beat lowly ol' Oregon State?

Sure, we can go back a million years ago and I guess you'll win that argument, but that was...a million years ago. You can root for the SEC all you want and claim that any SEC team can beat any other conference team, but I call b.s.

The only reason that the SEC has a tough SOS is because of biased polls that will now claim how tough a horrible Vol team is now somehow credible for beating an even worse UGA team.

Stop whining
No one but you is whining. The SEC is the best, get over it.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
BWWWAAHHHAAAA! You're delusional. You couldn't even beat UCLA at home. We may not have looked all that great yesterday, but we went into their house with a second string QB (starting his first game ever as a college player), a beat up secondary and beat up young offensive line (that still allowed us to run for over 300 yards) and came out with a victory (by 14 points). In fact, they only scored a touchdown off an INT in the endzone.

Talk about young all you want, but the Ducks are young as well. We only lose our TE off the offense. If you had a winning record, maybe, just maybe we can talk. Until then, I bid you fair well and we'll see you in Knoxville where we will take you behind the woodshed, steal your women and plant the Oregon flag in that pit of a stadium....arrgghhh!
Please point out where I said we were young.

If we played in the Pac 10, we'd have a winning record. It's not as good as our conference. As usual, strength of schedule is something you want to ignore. There's more to a quality schedule than playing overrated Western Athletic Conference teams.

Our women will laugh at the patchouli smelling waifs that make their way to Knoxville next year. Not even going to comment on the assertion that Neyland is a "pit," that apparent insult coming from a fan of a 5th rate school with a joke stadium built off Chinese sweat shop money.

And you didn't run for 300 yards vs UCLA you clueless twit. You had 300 yards total offense, which isn't that impressive. But please carry on, further clarifying that you have the football knowledge of an Oregon fan. Hey, at least standards are already low for you.

Last edited by VolDude; 10-11-2009 at 03:25 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
P.S. Wasn't there some guy who was a fan of a certain orange and white team that said we would lose to that mighty fUCLA defense? Oh well, I'm sure he has gone away...
Maybe you can quote that post. Wouldn't waste your time, cause I never said that. You continue to post drivel, but at least you're consistently wrong.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Bama- overrated and got whipped versus Utah, a team that needed 9 points or so in the last 2 mins to beat Oregon State.
Oregon lost to Boise, guess they're overrated too.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:48 PM

459 posts, read 804,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

HAHAHA!! Why you gettin so insecure big guy? Calm down, your football knowlegde is not what you think it is!! But then again your a sooner fan so I don't expect to much out of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football