Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,438 times

Advertisements

In what can only be described as a blockbuster USC announces Lane Kiffin will replace Pete Carroll as head coach. He will also bring his dad Monte Kiffin to USC but he poached former USC OC Norm Chow from UCLA! WOW !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,363,737 times
Kiffin is a putz. USC made a huge mistake in hiring this moron. He lied the entire time he was in Knoxville. He claimed Urban Meyer was breaking rules, which he was not. Yet Kiffin got nabbed for a half dozen minor NCAA violations himself. He was the class act who told a prospect he'd wind up pumping gas if he went to South Carolina. I watched the alabama-UT game and it lookied his daddy was running things on the sideline.

Ask Al Davis how he feels about Kiffin.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
BWWAAHHAAAAA!!!

Lame Kiffin is a total douche. He has slimy recruiting tactics, a big mouth, and a tendency to skirt the rule book. Not to mention, the dude hasn't been the least bit impressive in his head coaching capacities. Both Kiffin and Orgeron were there when SC was twisting that rule book. Shoot, if SC doesn't get sanctions in the coming months, it will only be a matter of time.

I was so looking forward to the Ducks to roll into Knoxville and beat his team down. Now, I guess we'll just roll into L.A. and do the same.

Last edited by Acuda; 01-12-2010 at 09:47 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,609,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Lame Kiffin is a total douche. He has slimy recruiting tactics, a big mouth, and a tendency to skirt the rule book.
So you're saying he's a good fit for SC. I concur.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,006 times
I'm not sure what is so appealing about this guy. He has never accomplished anything worthwhile.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 AM

18,220 posts, read 25,865,369 times
As I am posting this, I just had a scary thought.

Al Davis! That is scary in itself! I remember the press conference Davis had when he fired Lane Kiffen as Raiders head coach a year ago last September or so. And then there was the accusations-YIKES!! It went well over an hour. I was watching it on ESPN, and Davis was showing all this written correspondence on a projector for all the reporters (and tv audience) to see. It was a page out of "True Confessions" magazine.. One of the most bizarre conferences I've seen in a long time!

And at the end of the press conference Al Davis says, "Lane Kiffen will run the Tennessee program into the ground in a years time."

It is scary, I tell ya!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,024,137 times
Make no mistake, Lane Kiffin is a heel for what he did.

Still, I think the people in Knoxville have a little too much time on their hands regarding such violent outbursts against the guy. It's uncalled for, booing and hissing is one thing, but MOBBING the guy after he tries to leave?!

This happens to mid majors all the time. Sorry it had to happen to a proud program like the Vols but seriously don't hate the player, hate the game. This is what college football was encouraged to become. This is going to happen again to some program.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:44 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,192,458 times
Most UT fans are pleased about him leaving...he hadn't won too many fans with his behavior here.

He and USC are made for each other...

Old 01-14-2010, 12:54 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,302,693 times
Please, Kiffin is a good coach. He was the OC at USC in 2005 and a top assistant there for 5 years. Yes, he sucked at the first two jobs he had because both were rebuilding jobs. Yes, he didn't deserve the Raiders job but no one could have succeeded in that position with a senile Al Davis essentially calling the shots and that team having zero talent. Tennessee was 5-7 the year before so finishing 7-6 wasn't bad. He is at the right school in USC and only a moron would have stayed at Tennessee instead of taking the USC job. At USC, he can recruit better. They play in an easier conference. He is from the west coast, he was a qb at Fresno. Who wants to live in Tennessee when you can live in southern California. This is a perfect fit for him. And all those crazy loud mouth shenanigans that people are complaining about enabled him to recruit well at Tennessee so obviously whatever he did was working. He will be fine at USC. Trust me, he will nab Norm Chow away from UCLA. Part of being a great head coach is recruiting and Kiffin does that well whether it's recruiting players or coaches.

And if you are going to cry that Kiffin was selfish...boo...$#$# hooo. Funny how the media ripped on Nick Saban for bailing on the Dolphins yet are now kissing his arse because he just won the national championship. What about Brian Kelly leaving Cincinnati prior to their bowl game to coach at Notre Dame? This kind of thing happens all the time

Old 01-14-2010, 01:21 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Lane Kiffin was a very good hire for USC. There were people in Tenn who were very upset when he decided to go. He and Ed Orgeron are great recruiters and will recruit very well for SC. USC fans are excited with the hire, Matt Barkely is excited with the hire. The recruits that were on the fence have decided to stay, and maybe a couple of recruits that were headed to Tenn will now go to SC.

You can't use his stay with the Raiders as to how good Kiffin can coach, no one will succeed there as long as Al Davis is there. He did improve a lousy Tenn. team. They won more games then they did before he arrived, and were more competitive too.

Pete Carroll's problem this past year was promoting "intern" coaches instead of hiring good experienced coaches. Lane Kiffin will not make that mistake, he will do well at USC.

Last edited by Just One of the Guys; 01-14-2010 at 01:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football