Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 11:51 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,801,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
Did you pass the CPA exam?
No but my sister did and I don't consider CPA exam as hard. I didnt continue with the career so there was no need to pass the exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 04:03 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,954,857 times
There are 4 separate sections to the CPA exam, each one has a passing rate of about 50%, and only the elite candidates pass all 4 on the first try. You don't consider the CPA exam as hard as what?

Old 02-11-2016, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,113 times
computer science for sure! I double majored in computer science and accountainting with a minor in econ. Believe me, the accounting students in my class where like snails. You really do need a higher aptitude for new material and creative, out of the box thinking to be an average computer scientist whereas you can cab a great acccountant by following step by step instructions. There is no doubt in my mind on this topic, hands down CS is harder and more challenging

let me addd i went to a top 20 US school, not ivy league but very close. There is no doubt, The even the CS assignment would haunt the students when compared to accounting work. Ill be honest, accounting was a breeze. every member of my class breezed through it as if they didnt even get a serious education. I ended up pursuing a fintech tech (financial technology) and am making double salary of an average entry level accountant and about exactly what a straight up programmer would make at a start up entry level. i sory of regret choosing accounting as my double major, i should have done math

Last edited by jduprey179; 02-11-2016 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: more backup

Old 02-11-2016, 09:14 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,035,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
CS is more fun but harder than Accounting..
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
I took an accounting class and it was boring and tedious.

CS seems like it would be more dynamic and challenging, but more difficult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jduprey179 View Post
i sory of regret choosing accounting as my double major, i should have done math
+1 (x3)

Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,213,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
I'm in the 2nd semester of school as a Computer Science major and my friend who's an Accounting/Finance major is having a hard time and feels that his major is much more difficult than my major, but for some reason I doubt it. Computer Science majors IMO have to take much more difficult classes. I have to take a ton of Calculus and some Physics and Chemistry classes in my curriculum

Has anyone here majored in both?
I studied the same math as Physics and Chemistry, and assume Computer Science would be the same? For me, the math was not too difficult but Accounting was more easy. Advanced Finance is more difficult than Accounting, but not more than Computer Science, Physics and Chemistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities