Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM

69 posts, read 268,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't think that DANTES offers degrees. Only classes.
On the website that I provided, it list the schools that offer degrees

www.dantescatalogs.com/DEDC.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
good that you found something you like. do you have an AA already?
Yes, I just finished AS in Environmental Studies. Just have to figure out how to get those 2 biology classes I need to transfer that they never offer in the evenings for us full time working adults. Well, at least the community college here.

Old 06-25-2012, 10:29 AM

13 posts, read 22,291 times
I went to this website:
Online Programs | International Study | Extended and Continuing Education | CSU
And it lists all the CSU schools that offer an online program.
If you don’t want to attend a CSU campus I am sure there are similar searches you can do for your area. This helped me a lot! Hope it helps you also.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM

738 posts, read 2,956,082 times
Penn State has great online programs offered through their World Campus. They're highly regarded for their online programs, have several offerings, and your degree at the end is the same as any regular Penn State degree:

Penn State | Online Degrees, Online Courses, and Online Certificates offered by Penn State

I'm currently working on my master's through one of their programs, and so far it's been great. They have advisors that are readily available, you're eligible for student aid and loans with FAFSA - the same as any brick and mortar school, professors are well adjusted to teaching in an online delivery format. We work as a cohort in my program, so it's the same group of students working through the degree. Some students are in my area, others are scattered throughout the US and world. I'm enjoying my program so far and would recommend Penn State to others looking for flexible online program from a reputable school.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:03 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,924,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Yes, I just finished AS in Environmental Studies. Just have to figure out how to get those 2 biology classes I need to transfer that they never offer in the evenings for us full time working adults. Well, at least the community college here.
i just realized the other day that OSU is basically $1,000 per class. i think that is just way too much. the local college is $250 per class.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 AM

128 posts, read 319,842 times
There are a ton of regionally accredited colleges/universities that have online degrees. A good place to go and ask questions is http://www.degreeinfo.com. There is a lot of good information on there, plus the forum members are very helpful and will help you navigate the distance learning process.

Some non-profit colleges/universities with extensive distance-learning programs, just off the top of my head are:

National University

Peru State College

SUNY Learning Network
(State University of New York)

Fort Hayes State University

Liberty University

Mountain State University

Mercy College

Troy University

Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM

243 posts, read 628,683 times
Utah Valley University is an accredited University with a couple degrees that are strictly online. They have an aviation and emergency services degree, and I think possibly a social work degree.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Park University and UMASS have online degree programs.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
University of Colorado Denver and Boulder have 100% online masters, some in engineering. It's about $750 per credit hour in or out-of-state. Also offer a few bachelor's.

University of Missouri has some online masters programs as well.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:46 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
Penn State has great online programs offered through their World Campus. They're highly regarded for their online programs, have several offerings, and your degree at the end is the same as any regular Penn State degree:

Penn State | Online Degrees, Online Courses, and Online Certificates offered by Penn State

I'm currently working on my master's through one of their programs, and so far it's been great. They have advisors that are readily available, you're eligible for student aid and loans with FAFSA - the same as any brick and mortar school, professors are well adjusted to teaching in an online delivery format. We work as a cohort in my program, so it's the same group of students working through the degree. Some students are in my area, others are scattered throughout the US and world. I'm enjoying my program so far and would recommend Penn State to others looking for flexible online program from a reputable school.
The degrees offered are not the same as on campus, are they? On campus, a MS is offered. Online, it is a Master of Professional Studies in _________. I was looking at the IT degree. A few of the others offered online look similar. The MBA, and MEd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities