Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 PM

131 posts, read 282,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
What is Webster University? I've never heard of it before. It sounds like yet another one of thousands of "McColleges" that offer equally unprestigious "McMBAs".

My question for the OP, is, "Do you have any solid experience working at a quality position in the business field?" Do you have something that will set you apart from other people who's educational and life experience is basically K-MBA? Keep in mind that people with MBAs are a penny-a-dozen--far more people have them than there are executive and non-fast food managerial jobs.

If not, then what value will the MBA offer you? In all likelihood you will be just as (or more) unemployable than you were before but having suffered two years of opportunity cost and student loan debts. The danger of getting an advanced degree like that is that while it may not do much to help you get a job that requires or makes use of an MBA, it could make you more unemployable for other jobs because employers will assume that you won't be happy or will constantly be looking for a better job.
I don't have solid experience working in the business field. I do have a unique set of skills that many employers value, that no school can teach. I'm not sure what you mean by McCollege or McMBA, but I assure you that Webster is well respected in many circles. If fast food management is what an MBA from any university will get you then our country is in bigger trouble then I could imagine. I'm assuming that you mean that the quality of education at some universities is far superior to others. Well I sure hope that isn't the case and I will be attending this fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 768 times
You should find an employer that will help if you decide to get an MBA, grow in the company, gain experience, graduate, and remain in the company. or you can go to another employer and take your knowledge and experience with you. While you are looking for a job, look for some certification courses that will enhance your credentials. That is the step I took. I gained my Webster diploma while I was working at Sam's Club, and JB Hunt. Once I graduated, I took a retail analysis certification course and got a position with a supplier and I am very happy. I continuously, look for certification courses that will continue to enhance my credentials, because once you stop learning, you become obsolete. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities