Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 08:32 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,756,869 times

Advertisements

I've been reading all sorts of stories, good and bad, about a finding work with a Master's in Education or even a Master's in Special Education, especially without teaching first with just a Bachelor's.

On the other hand, I've been reading quite a bit of positive things about how much you can do with a focus in ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis) whether it is working with children with autism or in other capacities.

My school offers a graduate program, the Master of Education degree program in special education with a concentration in autism and applied behavior analysis (ABA). It includes initial certification to be a teacher in Texas, and prepares graduates to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination.

It seems like this option would have advantages over simply a Master's in Education or even in Special Education, or over a different pathway (Psychology and then the Board Certified Behavior Analyst option)... and it seems like you'd have a broad set of options upon completion..

but I don't know. I don't know anything anymore.

Does anyone have thoughts, and if I went this route do you think an undergrad degree in English with a minor in psychology would be an appropriate or useful pathway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,756,869 times
Anyone have an opinion on this degree plan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities