Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 AM

20,127 posts, read 16,176,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavkumar View Post
hello suzy_q2010

But I have a site of St.Augustine school of medical assistant and in it all info about this school
A medical assistant does not go to medical school, they go to a trade or vocational school. A medical assistant is not a doctor, they do not practice medicine, they do clerical work and simple medical tasks that require little to no training. They are closer to a secretary than anything else. And did you catch that the school you are pushing is not really accredited? Its "accreditation" comes from an organization formed to give out "accreditation" to "schools" that can't get real accreditation. Real accreditation comes from a limited group of regional accreditation organizations. Quit pushing this school for what it is not. I seriously question if it is even legitimate for being a medical assistant.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM

8 posts, read 11,757 times
But they describe different profile of medical Assistant (A Medical Assistant is a non-licensed health care professional who usually works under the supervision of a licensed physician in a doctor’s office, clinic, hospital or other health care setting to assist in the organization and smooth running of the facility. Education is often the first step towards a career in this high demand field, that can help provide you with many years of rewarding work experience!)

Is it right definition of Medical Assistant?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
A Medical Assistant is just that an ASSISTANT , they ASSIST in the organizing and running the office, they are NOT MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS........they are MEDICAL ASSISTANTS.

There are NO online schools in the United States that you can take classes to become a Medical Doctor aka: MD

Old 06-12-2013, 06:57 AM

12,109 posts, read 23,300,574 times
The phrase "non-licensed" is your clue that they do not provide any patient treatment or care. Working under a licensed physician does not mean that the medical assistant does any medical work, it means that the practice is typically owned by a doctor or group of doctors who give direction as to how they want the office run.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:42 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,483,666 times
There is a University of St. Augustine based in Florida. It's not regionally accredited, but it is nationally accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Its physical therapy and occupational therapy programs have the programmatic accreditations that will allow one to become licensed. I believe their programs are partially online.
Accreditation | University of St. Augustine

Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
There is a University of St. Augustine based in Florida. It's not regionally accredited, but it is nationally accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Its physical therapy and occupational therapy programs have the programmatic accreditations that will allow one to become licensed. I believe their programs are partially online.
Accreditation | University of St. Augustine
The original post referred to a school in Atlanta, Georgia. The poster is somehow convinced that it is a "medical school," which most people in the US use to refer to a school that produces medical doctors - physicians. Neither the one in Atlanta nor the one in Florida does that.

I question whether the original poster is even a medical student in India, in the sense that he plans to become a physician and has already begun such training. If he is, I would think he would have no difficulty understanding the difference between an online course for a medical office assistant and "medical school."

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 06-12-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 AM

3 posts, read 4,955 times
Thanks my friend but I have this Address of St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants
St. Augustine Educational Services, Inc. (BVI)
2870 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30305

Is it fake address ?

Old 06-13-2013, 06:04 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,334,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaysingh View Post
Thanks my friend but I have this Address of St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants
St. Augustine Educational Services, Inc. (BVI)
2870 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30305

Is it fake address ?
You are missing the point--this is not MEDICAL SCHOOL. This is a school that trains people to take blood pressure readings, change sheets on the beds in the hospitals, gives oral medication to patients, etc. This is NOT for medical doctors. This is for an aide in a hospital or clinic that makes VERY little money and mainly is there to assist NURSES with patient care.

I'm sure that address is fine, it's just not what you are looking for. No hospital or clinic is EVER going to hire a "doctor" that did "online medical school".

Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,821,511 times
vijaysingh, there is a very good medical school in Atlanta -at Emory University. And thats it. Check them out, they are a traditional medical school with an excellent reputation.

What you are looking at is an absolute zero. You would NEVER EVER be a doctor going to St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants. NEVER. You might get a job scrubbing bed pans thru them and thats about it.

Either check out Emory or forget Atlanta as far as medical school goes. Unless, of course you wanted to be an engineer in which case look at Ga Tech.

You've been warned.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:36 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
vijaysingh, there is a very good medical school in Atlanta -at Emory University. And thats it. Check them out, they are a traditional medical school with an excellent reputation.

What you are looking at is an absolute zero. You would NEVER EVER be a doctor going to St. Augustine School of Medical Assistants. NEVER. You might get a job scrubbing bed pans thru them and thats about it.

Either check out Emory or forget Atlanta as far as medical school goes. Unless, of course you wanted to be an engineer in which case look at Ga Tech.

You've been warned.
Don't forget Morehouse, also in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities