Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:42 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,699,936 times

Advertisements

Find a job first so that you can live on your own. Once you have a source of income, then you can think about the direction you want to take from there. You are still very young so time is on your side right now, so make the best of it and stop looking back at what should have been. You can't do anything the past so no need dwelling on that, just look forward and move on from here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 11:10 PM

9 posts, read 14,847 times
did your dad happen to hear about city data and hijack this thread?

Seriously, if I was you, I would just re-enroll at a cheap state university and join a frat there or something. Get it out of your system now before you turn into "that creepy old guy" at the parties. Don't listen any of these people saying career and that nonsense, you will just be miserable. Something tells me you do not want to be around nerdy Asians either so ignore that advice.

Re-enroll in cheap state university and get drunk. Go to vacation during spring break and other times to vacation spots.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:36 AM

7 posts, read 9,281 times
Default Is it possible to re-enroll at a university and relive the social experience of college?

I am not gonna lie, as I said in a previous thread of mines, my college experience was a disaster. Had plenty of family issues and I was depressed most of the times because of that and stress.

Luckily, I graduated without any debt.

Now here I am at 23 and what would make me happy is being around a lot of people from the 18-22 age group who want to party, get drunk, hookup, and just live the stereotypical college experience.

Is it possible?

I never lived the experience most kids live in their first 2 years of college and I would give a lot to live that experience.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 9,699,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottisRgreat View Post
did your dad happen to hear about city data and hijack this thread?

Seriously, if I was you, I would just re-enroll at a cheap state university and join a frat there or something. Get it out of your system now before you turn into "that creepy old guy" at the parties. Don't listen any of these people saying career and that nonsense, you will just be miserable. Something tells me you do not want to be around nerdy Asians either so ignore that advice.

Re-enroll in cheap state university and get drunk. Go to vacation during spring break and other times to vacation spots.
Nothing nonsense about starting a career and making your own money, and who is to say his college experience will actually be any better the second time around, no guarantee with that one. Also you don't have to go back to school just to get drunk or go to cool vacation spots. You are a grown man now, find your own happiness. You will look pretty weird going back to school at 23 or 24 just for the purpose of letting it all out and it just wont be the same. Those first 4 years in college and away from home is a unique and special experience and you can never relive those years no matter how much you go back to school. You were a teenager fresh out of high school and how you see things now vs then just wont be the same. You can never be 18 or 19 again.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:49 AM

7 posts, read 9,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Nothing nonsense about starting a career and making your own money, and who is to say his college experience will actually be any better the second time around, no guarantee with that one. Also you don't have to go back to school just to get drunk or go to cool vacation spots. You are a grown man now, find your own happiness. You will look pretty weird going back to school at 23 or 24 just for the purpose of letting it all out and it just wont be the same. Those first 4 years in college and away from home is a unique and special experience and you can never relive those years no matter how much you go back to school. You were a teenager fresh out of high school and how you see things now vs then just wont be the same. You can never be 18 or 19 again.

^^^^ looks like someone wants to stop others from enjoying life

Rottis made the best post in this thread, ya it might be different but I am sure not going to let the window close on me. I am going to go back to college and if it takes loans let it, I am going to try and relive that which was robbed right out of my hands.

Thanks Rottis for being the only sane person on this thread.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:16 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,693,621 times
I'm sure it's possible to go back to school. Why not? Find a school in a big metropolitan area that has employment possibilities, if you need to work. Live on campus or near campus. Apply to grad school. I'm sure you can have a good time if that's what you want.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:30 AM

45,568 posts, read 60,845,911 times
As you've been told you're making too much out of missing the so called "college experience". Forget that you didn't pledge a frat, most people don't, or that you didn't wake up multiple times covered in vomit and move on to your adult life.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:50 AM

646 posts, read 466,896 times
I have always wondered why many people seem to enjoy getting drunk and partying so much. I'd rather use the money and time for a real hobby or, even better, traveling.

But if you really think you need it to be happy, I am sure you could do it somehow!

Old 06-15-2014, 07:18 AM

12,113 posts, read 23,351,234 times
There is a comedian who has a line something like this, "I couldn't afford to go to college, so I stayed at home and got drunk."

You graduated debt free and your concern is that you didn't wake up covered in vomit on some stranger's lawn (and maybe get arrested for public intoxication). You are romanticizing self destructive behavior.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:28 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,011,373 times
I went to college and also didn't have that experience. But going back is a foolish idea - it's not a nightclub. Find some friends your own age - they're still doing all that stupid stuff at 23.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities