Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 04:45 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,089,421 times

Advertisements

Okay thanks. Here is the school I was thinking about.

RAIS | Motion Picture Arts

It is the cheaper one for me compared to moving to L.A. where all my savings would be gone in no time. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 05:20 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,700,941 times
I see this is at least the second thread you've started about film school. I continue to think that it's probably pretty hard to make a career in the film industry, so it's wise for you to be investigating the advantages of various ways to get started.

I'm inclined to doubt that this six-month program in rural Canada is it. I think what you need to do, and I'm not sure where this information is available, is to find somewhere where people who already work in the film industry can provide information about how they got into the industry, what kind of education they had, where they look to find new employees, and things like that.

Whether this means going to a real four year college or doing something else, I don't know. I do think, though, that you should thoroughly investigate any school you're thinking about attending, including their record for placing graduates in career employment in the industry you're interested in.

Good luck.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,607,705 times
This thread has been moved from the Ed forum to here in the Colleges and Universities.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post

It is the cheaper one for me compared to moving to L.A. where all my savings would be gone in no time. What do you think?
Are you still living at home? How are you currently supporting yourself?

That will answer the question for you.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:27 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,276,882 times
Sorry but 32+ film school = -1% chance of success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities