Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 08:43 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,139,089 times

Advertisements

Have you heard of this college? If so what have you heard about it? Im interested in studying law studies there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 08:44 AM

sorry I meant meredith college.

Also looking for colleges in north carolina where I can study prelaw or paralegal classes. Please let me know any recommendations!

Old 05-14-2018, 09:10 AM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
OP, have you tried the N Carolina forum? That might be best. IDK. Just a thought.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:58 PM

24 posts, read 20,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Have you heard of this college? If so what have you heard about it? Im interested in studying law studies there.
I say if its regionally accredited and suits your needs, go for it.

Old 05-20-2018, 10:30 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,322,153 times
Knew nice people who went there. believe it was Methodist affiliated. Never heard anything bad from there.

Check accreditation but I know of no reason not to go

Old 05-21-2018, 01:37 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,147,830 times
I have two relatives currently at Meredith. It's a decent women's college with good history and low requirements for admission. If you can get good financial aid it's not a bad choice.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM

5,523 posts, read 8,779,747 times
Do not know specifically about Meredith, but most colleges do NOT have a formal pre-law curriculum. Students interested in law school just take whatever major they want, take the LSAT, and apply to law school.

Many schools, however, DO have a curriculum that offers a certificate or associate's degree for paralegal studies. Some of these are also on-line. Check out the following:

https://www.paralegal411.org/schools/north-carolina/

Good luck

Old 05-21-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Do not know specifically about Meredith, but most colleges do NOT have a formal pre-law curriculum. Students interested in law school just take whatever major they want, take the LSAT, and apply to law school.

Many schools, however, DO have a curriculum that offers a certificate or associate's degree for paralegal studies. Some of these are also on-line. Check out the following:

https://www.paralegal411.org/schools/north-carolina/

Good luck
i know but this college does. that's why i asked about it.

and lots of schools have pre law or paralegal.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:36 PM

5,523 posts, read 8,779,747 times
Upsydaisys, you cannot hope to be a good lawyer if your understanding of the written word is as poor as it appears here.
I said most colleges don't have formal pre-law majors.:

"...most undergraduate institutions do not offer an official "pre-law" concentration, and in some cases provide somewhat equivalents such as "Law, Society and Justice" instead. Students awarded with Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science or equivalent degrees (and more rarely, higher degrees such as the master's degree and doctorate) may apply for law schools as long as they meet specific admission requirements set forth by individual law schools, as well as the standard requirements (such as character and fitness) as set forth by the ABA and the Law School Admission Council."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-law

Some do. Most do not. Paralegal studies, on the other hand, are much more widely offered in college. I said that too.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:12 PM

809 posts, read 1,331,937 times
https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/c...redith-college

I find the above site very helpful, although I didn't see pre-law listed as a major. I suggest you contact the admissions dept. and ask them for alumni that graduated from the college, specifically in the major you are interested in and contact the alum for their opinion. If they cannot provide the information, I see that as a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities