Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM

56 posts, read 116,018 times

Advertisements

I put in an offer on my first house today... so nervous and anxious waiting to hear back from the sellers to see if they accepted it! We're shooting for a closing date of 2Nov. Really nice 4 bedroom tri-level in Briargate with a decent yard for my dogs. We're (me and the kids) are super excited to finally move
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 05:59 PM

727 posts, read 1,366,318 times
Displaced Alaskan - We'll have to compare notes (I lived in Fairbanks, Alaska for a couple of winters back in the early 80's). We're now moving from No VA to CS. Movers come tomorrow, we close on our VA house on Thursday and hit the road. We bought a house in Old North End and can't wait to get there. We close there on October 5. Best of luck in getting your house. Our purchase went smoothly in that we watched until the price came down to what we could afford and what we felt was appropriate, so our offer was close to full price (but way, way down from the original listing price). Of course our buyers did the same thing... oh well.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,125,710 times
So excited for both of you! Congrats on getting out of VA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:13 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Congrats!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
We've made an offer but the realtor is trying to be coy. No hurry, there are gazillions of unsold units on the market.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Bideshi and Displaced Alasakan - you're right, there are lots of houses on the market right now and it's definitely a buyers' market, so you can afford to be choosy. In our case, as a semi-retired couple, we, more than ever, zeroed in on the neighborhood we wanted, and waited for the houses we were interested in to come down to our price point (and they did!). I think that in the current market, location, location, location, is more important than ever. Prime locations with the amenities that are important to you (and most likely others, as well) will help maintain the value of your home down the road, even in the economic downturns (and we've lived through several over the years). Good luck to you. Hope we'll be neighbors soon.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,807 times
I'm a Realtor licensed in Texas & Colorado. I'm currently in Texas but really want to be in Colorado. We bought land in Divide in 1996 but haven't made the move yet.

Prices are holding pretty good down here. I'm selling while other states are really on trouble. I own a townhome in MPLS and prices have really taken a dive.

Hopefully all this will settle down! Torn between living in the mountains or somewhere down near the springs...

Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM

56 posts, read 116,018 times
I heard back today from my realtor who said that they countered my offer of 219,000 (asking price 229,900) with 3% of closing costs paid by seller with an offer of 227,900 with 3% of closing costs paid by them (sellers). I accepted their counter and got all the paperwork faxed to my realtor... so I'm paying a little more but I don't have to pay out of pocket for closing! My monthly payments including taxes and insurance come out to about $1300-ish. So excited!! My realtor is setting up the inspections that I asked for (VA home, radon, and mold) so just now got to wait on those, only I wont be able to pop down there for the inspections, but I trust my realtor to know what she is doing and I'll be on the phone with her during the inspections.

november 2 close date!! I can't wait to get the keys... the kids are happy though that we'll be here for halloween still so they can trick or treat with their friends. We'll be moving onto Candleflower Cir in the D20 area.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:34 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Awesome! I bet homes like that actually rent for more than $1300/month.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:27 AM

Displaced: Congratulations. Sounds like you got a great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs