Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM

727 posts, read 1,366,650 times

Advertisements

Bach appears to just trying to be cute or petulant, or both. Not sure what's to be gained from this strategy. Right now, Bach is pretty much supported by the Gazette and the Biz Journal, not so much by the Indy. All three, as well as radio and tv, live and die by competition to get local stories, investigative pieces, etc. by their publishing deadline or air time. All the news outlets will be unified in objecting to Bach's practice, which robs them of their respective competitive edges. Again, what's to gain by alienating all the news providers, including those whose editorial philosophies are sympathetic to him? Whether one agrees or not with how the news media conduct themselves, they still serve to keep politicians "honest" or whatever passes for honesty in politics these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 10:51 AM

278 posts, read 449,975 times
This looks like another example of where politicians, the media and those with an axe to grind are trying desperately to get everyone to choose sides. You can see it just about everywhere...”us versus them...those who yell the loudest win…no compromise…my way or the highway…our values are under attack”.

IMHO, we don’t need leaders who are bullies, and we shouldn't be put in positions where we feel compelled to choose sides. Whatever happened to “...the meek...shall inherit the earth”?

Old 02-19-2012, 11:30 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
IIRC, it was the Indy that dug up the dirt on Bach's past and made a big stink, I'm sure Bach is getting even, it's just SSDD politics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
. What if she was misappropriating funds?
If she were, shouldn't we know about it?

Makes you wonder about the parallel universe in which Skorman is our mayor... I wanna go there.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,237 times
Again....employees have a right to privacy as well.

I don't have any loyalty to the new mayor, but I also don't want to go off and accuse him of untoward behavior....as seems to be the flavor of this thread....as I don't know anything about the situation.

Also, I don't know if it's necessarily my business to question someones hiring/firing choices within his own staff.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Also, I don't know if it's necessarily my business to question someones hiring/firing choices within his own staff.
Are you a citizen of Colorado Springs? If yes, it is definitely your business to question our new "strong" Mayor's actions. Holding elected officials accountable for their public service deeds (and miss-deeds) is 100% legitimate, and required in any free society.

With regard to the firings of several long time employees since Bach took over…what I want to know is how much this employee turnover is costing the city. Mayor Bach presented himself as a strong willed fiscal conservative Republican (that's what he ran on), and I want to see just how true that platform is. Intuitively, my belief is that this (apparent) loyalty vetting rampage our Mayor is on has costs the city a boatload of money. Some facts and figures would be most helpful.

As a point of reference, our Mayor recently shot-down a proposal to run a world-class bicycle race through the city this summer, on the grounds that it would costs too much. Not even considering the thousands of dollars in new tax revenue an event like that would bring the city; I’d like to know the costs details that were the basis of this decision…is he trying to save money on venues that benefit the city to pay for vendettas and loyalty vetting?

Last edited by YoYoSpin; 02-27-2012 at 09:57 AM..

Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,237 times
Yes, I do live here.

Do you assume that long-time employees must necessarily be "good employees?" Perhaps holding someone accountable is the reason some employees were let go in the first place? Again....what about privacy of the employees themselves? Must they divulge that information? No.

Do you know them all personally? Are you familiar with their employment histories? As you seem to be determined to vehemently defend them.

There MUST be some sort of conspiracy at work here!!

Yes, I do have concerns about the well-being of the city I live in, but I don't assume there must be something dastardly at work, because I did or did not vote for Bach.......you seem to assume the worst....I just don't.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Do you assume...
Actually, I have not asked any of the questions you posed or assumed anything. I would just like to know the costs of these actions our Mayor has taken. Disclosure always clears the air...

Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM

236 posts, read 479,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
This looks like another example of where politicians, the media and those with an axe to grind are trying desperately to get everyone to choose sides. You can see it just about everywhere...”us versus them...those who yell the loudest win…no compromise…my way or the highway…our values are under attack”.

IMHO, we don’t need leaders who are bullies, and we shouldn't be put in positions where we feel compelled to choose sides. Whatever happened to “...the meek...shall inherit the earth”?
I put zero faith in politicians now, I am past 35 one can only get bent over backwards and lied to so many time before you start believing that not a single one of them are honest... but more like born under a sign or something.

We need to start putting our faith back in our fellow man... if this ever happens it will be no time at all before people begin to see we don't need them and they will be exposed for the thieves and sell-out they are.

I'd probably breathe a sigh of relief at a collapse because then I'd know we were really on our way forward to rebuilding.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM

236 posts, read 479,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoSpin View Post
Are you a citizen of Colorado Springs? If yes, it is definitely your business to question our new "strong" Mayor's actions. Holding elected officials accountable for their public service deeds (and miss-deeds) is 100% legitimate, and required in any free society.
Heavy!

Quote:
Mayor Bach presented himself as a strong willed fiscal conservative Republican (that's what he ran on), and I want to see just how true that platform is. Intuitively, my belief is that this (apparent) loyalty vetting rampage our Mayor is on has costs the city a boatload of money. Some facts and figures would be most helpful.
Well I will keep spending my money there... there was something special about the springs area for me and 45K-60k +/- isn't too bad for a grease monkey.

I am going to follow this mayor thing and I don't even live there... yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs