Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 11,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington342 View Post
Are you still looking for the windbells? If so, what size(s) are you looking for?

We have a set of 7 from the very smallest to the super giant size. These were all purchased over several years at the Guinea Pigg when living in Colorado as gifts for my parents in Michigan. They are now downsizing, have no room for them any longer and asked if I might be able to sell them for them.

All 7 bells are in mint condition as they spent their entire life indoors.
I replied a long time ago. Do you still have your parents' Conniff Bells from Colorado Springs? I'm still collecting! judyrawlins@att.net The Bells in the Navajo Trading Post in Manitou are made in Maine by the way and are in the shape of a pine tree! Not even close to the same as JC Bells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,937 times
Do You still have any of the Coniff Bells? If so would you be interested in selling any of them? My Mother's Dad, My Grandpa, made them. He passed away in 1989 and the brother in law took over, and closed the business. We cant find any of them.... It would be an enormous gift for my mother to see them again!!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,883 times
The gentleman that produced those Bells no longer runs his business. DM me if you are still interested.

Thank You!
Kenny

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-20-2012 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Advertising not allowed.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,186 times
Default joe coniff bell

I was wondering if anyone knew the value of a Joe Coniff Iron wind chime/bell from 1980? It would be the 14" ( size of the bell not including the ringer)

Old 05-09-2018, 04:57 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,641 times
You find them from time to time in antique malls or flea markets here, I recently paid $28 for the 14” bell at an antique mall. I found a very early 8” size Coniff Windbell (before he used the stamp and soldered his JC initials instead) for $10 at a neighborhood garage sale a couple of weeks ago. They are usually priced a little lower than they cost new but are not super easy to find. They last forever and people hang on to them.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:49 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,858,556 times
How strange, today as I was clearing out a lot of old paper stuff, I came across a catalog from the mid 1990's from the Navajo Gallery & Gifts. Coniff Windbells are featured prominently on the back cover. Then I see this revived post.

They were offered in sizes: 5", 6" and 8" - $36, $48, and $65 respectively.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:45 PM

670 posts, read 1,052,641 times
The Garden of the Gods Trading Post used to carry them too as well was Hillside Gardens when they first opened; they had a really cool iron display tree made from the triangle sides like the bells. I think the best selection back in the day was the Guinea Pigg Boutique in OCC, they had all seven sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs