Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 AM

41 posts, read 387,337 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information or the "inside scoop" on the builder John Laing Homes or on the neighborhood of The Gables in Falcon / Peyton?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
John Laing is one of the BEST builders in the area, along with Keller, Classic and several others.

IMO, avoid the nationally-known big-name low-price mass-market builders, as they tend to churn out tons of basic homes with few amenities, and some of them have less than good reputations. Get as good as you can afford.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:03 PM

268 posts, read 1,130,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
John Laing is one of the BEST builders in the area, along with Keller, Classic and several others.

IMO, avoid the nationally-known big-name low-price mass-market builders, as they tend to churn out tons of basic homes with few amenities, and some of them have less than good reputations. Get as good as you can afford.
Agreed. We learned by experience that KB homes are the lowest quality you can find. I'm glad to hear that John Laing is a good one. We are going to look at a few this weekend.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal View Post
Agreed. We learned by experience that KB homes are the lowest quality you can find. I'm glad to hear that John Laing is a good one. We are going to look at a few this weekend.
Cool. I love looking at new houses, could do it all day. The wife hates doing it.

Laing is fine, along with Keller, Classic, Acuff, Symphony, Campbell, Vantage and a few more. We're in a Keller and their homes and their company are a class act, lots of realtors here (I'm not one) live in Keller's.

s/Mike

Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 PM

33 posts, read 160,950 times
John Laing does have unique,beautiful homes. I have a good friend who lives in one in Greenhaven if you want some info from someone who has lived in one for a couple of years. If you'd like I can pass on your info. Send me a message if you'd like.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM

76 posts, read 311,863 times
Default Kuddos for John Laing

Funny that I was browsing this site tonight and saw your post. I recently flew to COS and signed a contract for a home with John Laing. Our house will be completed in June. I agree that you get a GREAT house and will be pleased with the trim level as well. Their houses just look very "finished". Also, I have friends that live in the Gables and they like the extra land they have - unusual for COS. I do know that John Laing has two different options in the Gables - 1/2 acre and 1/4 acre options with each having multiple floorplans.

Of course, I am biased since I'm building with them and also because my friend works for them and actually works in the Gables!

Happy house hunting! If you have any specific questions, you can always send me a private message.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

41 posts, read 387,337 times
Hey all-
We saw a bunch of houses today and are considering one of the new John Laing ones.
Question that we still have is what is the area of Peyton like? It's out on the east side of Banning Lewis Ranch. There is a Wal-Mart out there. Seems to have fairly good access to Powers via Woodmen or 24.
Anybody with extra comments? This is time sensitive- i.e. we need more info by tomorrow! Aaaahhhhh!

Old 11-10-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtMom View Post
Hey all- We saw a bunch of houses today and are considering one of the new John Laing ones. Question that we still have is what is the area of Peyton like? It's out on the east side of Banning Lewis Ranch. There is a Wal-Mart out there. Seems to have fairly good access to Powers via Woodmen or 24. Anybody with extra comments? This is time sensitive- i.e. we need more info by tomorrow! Aaaahhhhh!
1. My only knocks are: Woodmen Rd is a heavily traveled 2-laner, due for widening in the next several years; all other shopping, eating and stuff is along the Powers Corridor; school district 49 is average to above average.

2. I think Laing has homes closer in, near/along Powers, probably some in school district 20 which is highly thought of.

Good Luck!
s/Mike

Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM

147 posts, read 627,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtMom View Post
Hey all-
We saw a bunch of houses today and are considering one of the new John Laing ones.
Question that we still have is what is the area of Peyton like? It's out on the east side of Banning Lewis Ranch. There is a Wal-Mart out there. Seems to have fairly good access to Powers via Woodmen or 24.
Anybody with extra comments? This is time sensitive- i.e. we need more info by tomorrow! Aaaahhhhh!

Wind, wind, wind! It seems like it never quits blowing "out east".

Widening Woodmen Road is going be a major pain for quite some time when construction begins. I still don't understand why when Woodmen road to Falcon was rebuilt 7 or 8 years ago they didn't make it a 4-laner then; instead just built another two-lane road a few feet away from the old one.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:45 AM

76 posts, read 311,863 times
Default We are building in Meridian Ranch in Peyton

Our home they are building for us is out in Peyton - in Meridian Ranch. They don't have many lots left out there, so you're getting there at a good time. We lived in the Springs 7 yrs ago and I remember at that time that that area seemed "way out". Now that I have gone back, I see that all the new growth on Powers - it seems almost endless of restaurants, shops, etc. And Falcon itself has enough of everything to make most stuff convenient. The Walmart, grocery stores, dentists, doctors - even a papa murphy's for my husband! I am pleased to be out there and found that getting a bit larger house and the ammenities of Meridian Ranch were worth the extra 5-10 minutes out. I know several familes out that way and they find they enjoy it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs