Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:40 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times

Advertisements

I can't remember what thread(s) this has come up in before,
but a Trader Joes is coming to Colorado Springs and I know I've read discussion here somewhere of people wanting one.

Trader Joe's to open in Colorado Springs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 06:10 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
We have a long thread in the Denver forum on TJs but this is our first TJ's thread in the COLO SPGS forum.

The University Village shopping center is full of good stores and eats, this will really increase the traffic.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM

481 posts, read 1,300,319 times
I think this is kind of funny. TJ's said they wouldn't come to COS for a long time because the demographics weren't right for their store. It was in the news a lot about how the Springs really wanted the store but TJ's kept saying no.

A buddy and I both agreed that it would happen eventually. We believed that TJ's was just saying no to build up hype for when they finally said yes and opened the store. Great marketing ploy on their part.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,466,691 times
It will be much easier to get to, compared to the other CO stores.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,599,462 times
I'm excited about it! I just wish the alcohol laws were difference so I can buy their wine. It is also a bummer I can't get Costco's (kirkland) wine at the local store either.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
I love Trader Joe's. We have two near us and they're always crowded. Their wines are incredible. But, all our grocery stores here have full liquor stores except Target, Wal-Mart. They only sell beer and wine. Walgreens, CVS, and other pharmacies like them have full liquor stores, too. TJ's is just wine, but it's great wine!

When my daughter lived in Hungary, they'd go to Germany and some of the ALDI stores would sell Trader Joe's products as they're the parent company of Trader Joe's. That blew her away!!

Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 AM

665 posts, read 1,294,647 times
I am so glad this is going to University Village.

Marcy, I've seen beer at TJ's, including a house brand.

Does anyone know if there are other developments along N Nevada in the works? Seems like a lot of the area south of UV has potential. Part of me doesn't want it to blow up around there, but it would be nice to see the area spring back to life somehow.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
The TJs on Colorado Blvd. in Denver has a lot of wine, but also has hard liquor, some hard cider, and some beer. But it's mostly wine. And great prices on all the wine.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 AM

727 posts, read 1,365,714 times
There is a volunteer advisory group that's working on development options for the North Nevada area south of University Village Shopping Center. A friend of mine who's a high level exec with Norwood is on that group (he was quick to point out that Norwood doesn't own any of that property and has no dog in the fight; he's participating strictly in a volunteer advisory capacity). With the new UCCS building and the event center along that corridor along with the apparent success of UV Shopping Center (I see new restaurants and retail going in all the time and the empty storefronts seem to be filling in), that whole area appears ripe for some major commercial redevelopment.

Old 03-19-2014, 12:17 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,370,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlekw View Post
I think this is kind of funny. TJ's said they wouldn't come to COS for a long time because the demographics weren't right for their store. It was in the news a lot about how the Springs really wanted the store but TJ's kept saying no. A buddy and I both agreed that it would happen eventually. We believed that TJ's was just saying no to build up hype for when they finally said yes and opened the store. Great marketing ploy on their part.
When did TJ's say that to you?

My understanding, from speaking with a TJ's rep, was that it had to do with the distribution channel not being efficient for COS yet. NM could have a few because they could be reached by existing distribution centers in AZ and NV, but we were just a little to far out of the way to make it equitable. So what we were waiting on was a distribution center and that once we got that, we would get not one, but many, TJ's coming to CO as the market demanded. That's exactly what's happening now.

If you happen to know otherwise I would like to know for the sake of my own accuracy. Can you find one of those old news articles you mentioned and share it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs