Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:02 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink182 View Post
Thanks for the replies! I will check into this Flennikin. Dr. Quinn, I mean come on.
Snicker and acknowledged.

But if you put Quinn then Flennikin - that's a totally Irish name.

Anyhow, if you can't get with Flennikin (I keep butchering his name) most all of their veterinarians are very good and of course they all try to work with both clinics so if one if more convenient than the other. I think it's one of those situations where they are a group where they care about their employees (I really like their techs too! very caring when you go in for something like suture removal, nothing but 5 star care) and it shows in the care you get.

As for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerspouse View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a vet in Falcon?
I wish I had a good answer for you. I will say though, that you may want to call Briargate Veterinary Clinic at the number I posted (don't confuse it with Briargate Blvd. Veterinary - two different "animals") and see if they have a recommendation. Most of the veterinary clinics work well with each other because people move around in this city, a lot. It couldn't hurt to call them and since I am such a fan of their services, if they have the knowledge, they will give you a good vet.

Good luck and keep us updated as to what you find as veterinary care is very important to many people and since you live outside of C Springs doesn't mean you don't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM

110 posts, read 294,238 times
Thank you COFlower for your many good posts and wonderful advice! I have been observing for a while, everyone's posts have made it that much easier to make the decision to move to COS! We move in three days, and I am so excited I can't sleep! I love Iowa, but there's just something special about COS. Thank you for your recommendations on the vet. I was trying to find one for my dog Baxter. He's my little gentleman. I will definitely check them out! It always tough finding places like you used to have back home!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
lizmyer - I'm a Liz too! Anyhow, I hope that when you move here you will find that they are as good as I give them credit for. We have a lot of great veterinarians around these parts but Flenikin (man I cna't spell his name for crap) is the best I have come across in all my years here.

I hope that you get the same treatment I have over the years. He is totally worth it even if you have to wait. Even in you life far, I hope you find him as much a part of your pet's life as I have. He is tops and he even giggles at the fact I will let the cat clean his ear goo off my own fingers. Long story short, he's a great veterinarian!

BTW, I am trying to get a bunch of people together this weekend at the SKy SOx game. Provided it's not too hot....I will make that a separate entry.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM

17 posts, read 68,376 times
Check Dr. Monica Campos... a dear friend of mine... we went to school together and I got my first dog Rusty when she and I were in 5th grade... he was the runt of her dog's littler. After college and vet school she was his dr. until he passed away 2 years ago at the age of 18. Haven't spoken to her in a couple months but last I knew she was working at the Fountain Valley Animal Hospital on the south side.

Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
I've been real happy with Faithful Friends Animal Hospital and Dr. Puryear. It's over on Barnes Road. Faithful Friends Animal Hospital

Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
For Paws:
7115 Mclaughlin Rd
Peyton, CO 80831-8159
Phone: (719) 495-4717

Old 08-17-2010, 12:03 PM

6 posts, read 24,431 times
Default looking for a vet in COS

I just moved to the Springs and live in the NW area off Woodmen. I have a puppy and am looking for good(inexpensive) vet in that area. Any ideas?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

2,140 posts, read 6,470,113 times
Dublin Animal Hospital is recommended. I'm not sure about their prices.

Home | Dublin Animal Hospital

Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM

665 posts, read 1,295,585 times
Default Vet recommendations?

We're making our big move to Co Sps this weekend. We are big dog people and are looking for a good personable vet that isn't crazy expensive. We don't need a fancy office, we just need someone who obviously loves animals. Any experience with tumors would be a plus. We just found out one of our labs more than likely has one and we don't have time to take care of him before we leave. He's not in pain and our vet said he is ok to travel, but we want to get him to someone ASAP when we get there. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM

114 posts, read 125,663 times
Our favorite vets are Pikes Peak Veterinary Clinic, and Bijou Animal Hospital. Both are very caring, have great customer service, and reasonable prices.

Pikes Peak Veterinary Clinic
1813 N. Union Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(719) 475-1747
Pikes Peak Veterinary Clinic

Bijou Animal Hospital
123 Swope Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(719) 471-4457
Serving Central Colorado Springs as a Veterinary Hospital Since 1959
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs