Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 06:24 AM

51 posts, read 171,762 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I am temporarily staying in COS for 1 or 2 months in August between a move from MI (lived here almost 3 years) to Denver, via Tempe, Sedona and COS. I am looking for a furnished place. I have found a few hotels advertising rooms and that's definitely acceptable for me. They have reasonable rates. However, I am self employed and work from my home so I would like to really "feel" at home, not just a room. I am 34, my daughter is on her way to college so it will just be me.

Do you think it's possible to find furnished places that would let me stay a month or two? I have seen places on cl's for furnished but not knowing the area or the people I am not sure what I am looking for. The reason I picked COS was you guys are the only city with a Dunkin Donuts, lol. I am from MA and I miss my coffee so I figured en route to Denver I would stay and enjoy dd before I move away from it again. Any east coaster will understand this thinking, lol!

So does anyone have any ideas of areas I would want to live in and if you think that looking for a furnished place will be hard? I want to reserve the hotel room ahead of time which is why I am asking now
TIA

Last edited by redsoxgurl; 06-20-2008 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
if you're only stayng for a month or 2, I wouldn't worry about the area, just try to stay away from the extreme south east side if at all possible.

I'd try looking on the west and north/northeast sides of town.

And I have no idea where the Dunkin Donuts is, I haven't seen one, but I understand about the coffee. THat stuff is like gold! I used to buy bags of it and take them home.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 9,322 times
You could probably find a place on the west side of town (aka Old Colorado City). There is a Dunkin Donuts right on Colorado Ave and 8th St.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:17 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,510,104 times
We have a few Dunkin Donuts - one is on Circle and Pikes Peak I think.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:01 AM

16 posts, read 49,115 times
redsoxgurl,
Try posting your furnished month to month rental needs on Craigs list. We needed short term furnished housing during our house hunt and got quite a few responses back.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM

115 posts, read 458,414 times
I would definitly look into the Pine Bluffs apartments they have furnished apartments. I would call right away for availabilty and to reserve an apartment. Oops I forgot their minimum lease is 3 months. I did come across 1 or 2 that were month to month leases. Just google colorado springs apartments. If you thought you might stay for at least three months The Bluffs are new and look really nice. It has a pool and work out room. We are staying in the Crestwood Extended Stay Hotel. I think with the length of stay we are staying we pay maybe $55 a day but we do have two whole seperate bedrooms. I think the smaller ones are like $35 a day for an extended stay. Even with them I would definitly call and make reservations. It stays really full. Good Luck!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 PM

51 posts, read 171,762 times
Thanks for the info! I am definitely going to look into Crestwood. I was looking at The Express Inn and Hotel Sayer I think it's called. Does anyone have any info on those hotels/areas? I am going to put an ad on cl's as I get closer to my move

Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 AM

115 posts, read 458,414 times
redsoxgurl, I forgot to mention that crestwood is in a good area and it has a walking/biking trail that follows a creek behind it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs