Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:24 PM

553 posts, read 1,635,554 times

Advertisements

Try the Sunbird. It sits highup on the bluffs not at all far from the Interstate and Garden of the Gods Road, has a terrific view, and has the right kind of menu to impress a VP without bankrupting the company.

The Sunbird Restaurant in Colorado Springs, CO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
Try the Sunbird. It sits highup on the bluffs not at all far from the Interstate and Garden of the Gods Road, has a terrific view, and has the right kind of menu to impress a VP without bankrupting the company.

The Sunbird Restaurant in Colorado Springs, CO
I knew you'd come through. I think you are the king of Colorado Springs culinary posts.

We'll call Sunbird.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I knew you'd come through. I think you are the king of Colorado Springs culinary posts.
Thanks, I try. My son is a culinary school student, so I pay pretty close attention to the industry. I also despise chain restaurants, so I try to get out to the independent places that so many other people ignore.

Enjoy the Sunbird.

Last edited by Maynerd; 06-19-2008 at 04:45 PM..

Old 06-19-2008, 05:21 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
Thanks, I try. My son is a culinary school student, so I pay pretty close attention to the industry. I also despise chain restaurants, so I try to get out to the independent places that so many other people ignore.

Enjoy the Sunbird.
I'm not into chains either. When I travel I always go to a locally owned or regionally special place. BBQ in Huntsville, AL for example.

In case we don't go to the Sunbird, might you have a second or third choice? What about Marigolds? One of the German restaurants?

This might give you (and others on the forum) some ideas:

Colorado Springs Restaurants: Read Colorado Springs Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Marigolds is nice, and would be a good second choice. Antonio's, at Garden of the Gods just East of I-25 is a very nice Italian restaurant.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:37 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,288 times
Oh man, the brunch at the Sunbird is awsome!! I love the view too.

And i've eaten at Antonio's. The food and service is great there.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:00 PM

45 posts, read 275,682 times
I've heard this place is fantastic, but I've never been there myself.

New South Wales Restaurant
Corporate Drive

Colorado Springs: New South Wales Restaurant - Traveler Reviews - New Favorite Restaurant - TripAdvisor

Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMINE13 View Post
I've heard this place is fantastic, but I've never been there myself.

New South Wales Restaurant
Corporate Driver[/url]
I wasn't impressed. Food was OK...overpriced.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Bump.

Fine dining in Colorado Springs took a huge hit this weekend, as Palapa's Surfside closed its doors on Saturday night. Palapa's seafood was so much better than anything else you could get here, it was almost scary, but they never picked up a strong clientele. Some of that I suspect was due to the Powers/Carefree location. For some reason, the entire Powers corridor seems doomed to chain restaurants rather than fine dining. A bigger reason, I suspect, was that the owners never marketed the place. Next to no advertising at all. Many, many people had never heard of it, even 7 months after they opened.

Very sad.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:23 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,181,500 times
Too bad. COS is in desperate need of decent seafood restaurants. (no, fried fish and french fries won't cut it)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs