Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 PM

18 posts, read 49,387 times

Advertisements

The good, the bad, the ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 08:53 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegreen View Post
The good, the bad, the ugly.
Steve, I use google for such lists, their "find nearby" feature.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:50 AM

432 posts, read 1,202,408 times
Interstate Exits Guide: Hotels Gas Food by Exit

Old 10-31-2009, 09:26 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,914,433 times
Fillmore has mostly fast food places...further north on Garden of the Gods you will find more fast food places but there is Mollicas Deli, Village Inn, and some back near Centennial Blvd. And there are some places like TGIFridays, Outback, Old Chicago, Macaroni Grill on the Woodmen exit (north of GotGs). Academy Blvd between Woodmen and I-25 there are a mess of chain restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Robin, On The Border, etc...) to include Noodles, that Five guys Burgers (or whatever), and such.

I will say though, if you want a couple of nice family run places off Fillmore up to the north area of Nevada:

Roman Villa Pizza -- homemade all the way! It's tiny so get there during non-peak dinner times. I am not much of a meat sauce or meatball person with my pasta but their meat sauce and meatballs rock.

Senor Manuel's Mexican Cuisine - when you walk in the place, it still has all it's late 60s early 70s decor. Don't let that turn you off. It is really good Americanized Mexican food but better than most such places and HUGE portions.

If you want a diner type place, check out Sheldon's Luncheonette - this is the "old men in ball caps" type of place. You get a good mix of people that go in there though. But it's been around for ages and is a change from the usual of Village Inn, Waffle House and the like since it's locally owned.

Finally, there's La Casita which has excellent fast Mexican food (local chain). Not Taco Bell style but real salsa, real beans, meat properly seasoned (ie not too much and never greasy -- that I have had anyway), homemade tortillas, real guacamole, excellent green chile (pork stew) and is easy on the budget but more than Taco Bell pricing. I'm sad I moved from near one of their locations. I may have to make a swing by there on Monday - payday and all.

Happy eating!

(Now I am hungry for any or all of them listed.)

Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogon View Post
That's a really good link, thanks for posting it, but I do see that it's far from comprehensive for some exits. I'm very familiar with I-25 exit 151 (Briargate Pkwy) and it only show 2 eateries, while I can name at least ten, which have been there for 4 years or more, and 2 hotels (not one), etc. Still, it's now on my list of bookmarks and when I travel it'll help me find my coffee shops.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs