Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times

Advertisements

I for one am geting in on Industrial hemp. If I can't grow it, I will buy stock in a company that can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,683 times
Hemp is one of the most valuable renewable resources on the planet. Used for fabric, rope, fuel, clothing, paper, and completely renewable over the short term, the govt has created a drug induced paranoia about hemp that is in the realm of insanity. The govt sided with the wealthy industrialists (Dupont & others) & newspaper magnate Randolph Hearst at the time to demonize marijuana & hemp. Hemp represented competition against their interests, so they convinced the govt to outlaw & demonize it. The intent was of course to scare everyone away away. They employed overt racism, lies, even coercion of the AMA to get what they wanted. It remains one of the most vivid examples of the influence of private industry over the government and should be a warning of the dangers of allowing outside influence to access & control government policy.

The end result has been 75 years of policies which currently disenfranchise as many as 850,000 people annually at a cost of $44B, our tax dollars at work in a war against our own citizens...... over a weed.

Agricultural hemp could be one of the most valuable cash crops the country has ever seen if allowed, even larger than smokable marijuana itself. But blind ideology to an unwinnable "war" still dominates the landscape, and keeps us from enjoying the practical and economic benefits that agricultural hemp would bring.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 AM

98 posts, read 182,032 times
Newsflash:

As of midnight last night, Washington State adopted Prop. 502 (Cannabis Legalization) into the state constitution. It is now officially a state law.

(Colorado will ratify the new law into the state constitution on Jan. 5th 2013).

Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 PM

432 posts, read 415,448 times
also said to be a perfect food source
Hemp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Hempseed's amino acid profile is close to "complete" when compared to more common sources of proteins such as meat, milk, eggs and soy.[25] Hemp protein contains all 21 known amino acids, including the 9 essential ones adult bodies cannot produce. Proteins are considered complete when they contain all the essential amino acids in sufficient quantities and ratios to meet the body's needs. The proportions of linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid in one tablespoon (15 ml) per day of hemp oil easily provides human daily requirements for EFAs."

Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,002,722 times
^^^^^Hemp protein is the ONLY protein powder that my body is able to digest. Worst protein powder in my body is that god awful whey protein. If the gov absolutely needs to keep eliminating health choices by making certain items illegal, that crap ( whey protein ) oughta be against the law!

I had pretty much given up on protein powders. Whey is completely indegistible, rice is only a bit better, and pea protein was a little better than rice. I couldn't believe the almost miraculous difference when I was introduced to hemp protein about a year and half ago. On top of being digestible, I love the nutty flavor. It actually tastes good, without any flavors added. I drink a hemp protein shake after ever workout at Golds Gym. That stuff is good for ya. I buy the 3 lb bags of Nutiva 50% from vitacost for $31

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 12-05-2012 at 07:59 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 PM

97 posts, read 135,193 times
The gov has no business telling ppl what they can and can't put into their bodies. It was not their business to outlaw it and it certainly is not their business to tax it now.

The US government has always had a 4th branch and it's not the lamestream media--it's the People. This is what a jury trial is for. It is not just to judge the facts of a case but it is to judge the law. Should the public prosecutor prove the law has been broken it's still up to the jury's conscience to decide whether the defendant has actually committed a crime. All the marijuana smokers through the years who have been sent away could have gone back to their productive lives with a simple hung jury. (See Fully Informed Jury Association fija.org).

Live by the non-aggression principle. Judge ppl (and gov) with it. If the gov is harming ppl and it is not in self-defense, it's time to question them.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 PM

certainquirk wrote: The gov has no business telling ppl what they can and can't put into their bodies.

Agreed 100%!

Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM

68 posts, read 172,314 times
Default Whey question Cosmic

Isn't whey supposed to be decent if colder processed and grass fed? I just use natural grocers which is now from Germany. Supposed to be minimal process and has the fat left in for a more complete food (not just and isolate). I use it quite a bit and do not seem to have a reaction. Are you diary intolerant? I know if I hit the weights hard and pound 40 grams of that after words I pack on the muscle; and I am pushing 40

Old 12-08-2012, 09:30 AM

^^^^^Whey protein is highly regarded and heavily promoted by the body building industry, but in my body anyway, it's a third rate protein powder. IMO, whey protein is a big scam perpetuated by the body building industry in cahoots with some of the supplement companies. Hemp protein powder works best...for me. I'm a big fan of dairy products especially cheese, but whey protein is intolerable crap in my body. At age 63, I workout rather intensely and my body is lean, hard packed, well defined muscle. Give the hemp protein a shot. If your body responds as favorably as mine, you'll never even consider putting whey protein into your body again. But hey, you can always go back to whey protein if you don't like the hemp protein. For me anyway, hemp protein has been a gift from God.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,691,394 times
I'm going to give the hemp protein a shot! I want to start juicing more, and have even considered a juicing detox diet. However, every other detox diet I've done, leaves me starving, achy, irritable and with terrible headaches. I think adding a protein powder might be what I need, but I can't do whey, I'm dairy intolerant, and I don't want to do soy. I drink almond milk, but hadn't thought about hemp protein! I know I eat hemp seed granola and it usually fills me up for hours. Thanks Cosmic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado