Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times

Advertisements

I don't know anyone who wants to vote for Hick again. Funny thing is, pretty much all of us did in the past. We actually liked him even if we didn't agree with everything he did. Now, he's just become another political lackey for authoritarian control-freak "progressives" who have fat wallets. I don't think he even cares that much about re-election. He's aiming for Senator or V.P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 03:13 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I don't think he even cares that much about re-election. He's aiming for Senator or V.P.
I'll be happy to vote against him for those positions too!

Old 11-09-2013, 04:44 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
So I was running some errands today and I saw groups trying to recall ST. Sen Hudak. I didn't know anything about her, so I looked her up. After a quick google search, holy ***** that woman needs to go. UFB!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 843 times
Wasn't that overwhelming defeated by something like 30%? The guy is a moron. Another example of California-style politics invading Colorado. Vote him out as soon as you can, Coloradans! Let the tax-and-spend scumbags know they're not wanted in Colorado.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
After reading the article, the Gates family and Bloomberg put up 1million to promote the bill. Now together they easily could have written a check for the 1billion the bill would raise in taxes, or at least make a substantial contribution to inner city schools that do struggle. No instead the party that promotes the middle class, wants the bill to be the burden of the middle class.
That's a sort of corollary of the "If you give a man a fish" saying. If you give money to a school, or schools, they'll have enough for some programs for a short time. If you pass a tax increase, it'll be sustaining. Maybe 66 was too big, or whatever, but the solution is not philanthropic one time giving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Why would he put up legislature without the votes?

The ACA will be remembered as a crime, and the biggest lie since the golf of Tonkin incident.
Hyperbole will get you nowhere. I see you have 87 in your name. Even if that's the year you graduated from college, rather than your birth year, the Vietnam war was not a personal experience for you.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Awful lot of big jumps in who I am from one post. As for more school funding, as I said in my very next post that you ignored, I said that the school needs more funding, but you seem to ignore many of the things that Bloomberg supports, such as no sugary drinks over a certain size, restricting gun ownership, and any other place the government can interfere with personal choice.

It is funny how so many liberals feel that anybody who disagrees with their assessment that people cannot take care of themselves want the world to go back to feudalism, while wanting a government full of people to control everybody's lives. Funny thing about feudalism, the ruling class and the rich elite loved it, you know the same people you want to give all the power to today. So let me ask you one question, when is the last time giving complete control over to the government ever worked out for the citizens of that country? Once you come up with that, we can continue this conversation, but so far your vision of utopia has only been a utopia for the elite.
How does increasing taxes a slight amount and modifying our regressive tax system to make it a little les regressive give the government 'complete control'? We are all in this together whether you recognize it or not. If Bloomberg wants to fight obesity and mass murder, great, I applaud him.

Some people seem to think they are an island completely independent of the rest of society. I support background checks and magazine limits as I would like to reduce the likelihood of being shot to death or having others shot to death. I support modifying our regressive tax system in our state so that the public sector does not continue to be starved to death, and repealing TABOR. If, as the NY Times article I read asserts, Colorado is still a 'I've got mine, screw everybody else' state, that is pretty sad.

I'm amazed at how 'libertarians' care so little for their fellow citizens.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
How does increasing taxes a slight amount and modifying our regressive tax system to make it a little les regressive give the government 'complete control'? We are all in this together whether you recognize it or not. If Bloomberg wants to fight obesity and mass murder, great, I applaud him.
When did a 20% increase in income tax revenue become a slight amount? Also fight obesity and banning free choice are 2 different things, it is not the government's position to make free choice illegal.
Quote:
Some people seem to think they are an island completely independent of the rest of society. I support background checks and magazine limits as I would like to reduce the likelihood of being shot to death or having others shot to death. I support modifying our regressive tax system in our state so that the public sector does not continue to be starved to death, and repealing TABOR. If, as the NY Times article I read asserts, Colorado is still a 'I've got mine, screw everybody else' state, that is pretty sad.
Still making a lot of jumps, but let's discuss this, as long as you feel safer everything is good right? The government having more power and taking more power from the people makes you feel safer why? Once again I notice you avoided my question, when is the last time giving the government power result in anything good for the citizen?

As for your standings on the state, maybe your problem is you are reading liberal papers from 1700 miles away about how people in a state feel and act, especially considering how few New Yorkers can even place Colorado on a map I would take their opinions with a grain of salt.
Quote:
While I lean libertarian, I am a registered independent. I notice you are busy throwing out platitudes and judgements on what I believe but you are avoiding my questions. Why vote for a bad bill, that will result in bad results for the state as a whole? Shown by several studies including liberals connected to CU and several in state newspapers? Why should anybody give more power to a government that shows daily they are inept, and history has shown to lead to pain and destruction for the population? Why is how you feel more important then those who see the new restrictions as making them feel less safe. One last question, why would more gun restrictions make you feel more safe when the cities with the strictest gun control are also the most dangerous in the country?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:24 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,353,168 times
Amendment 66 defeat capped a year of challenges for Gov. Hickenlooper - The Denver Post

Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's a sort of corollary of the "If you give a man a fish" saying. If you give money to a school, or schools, they'll have enough for some programs for a short time. If you pass a tax increase, it'll be sustaining. Maybe 66 was too big, or whatever, but the solution is not philanthropic one time giving.

That's a very idealistic way to look at it. I look at it as if the schools are so bad, throwing more money at the problem is not the solution. What happens when the schools still fail after the tax increase? The Libs will just come back with we need more taxes. It never ends. Once again, Gates and Bloomberg can make an actual impact individually, rather than the vast majority of the residents of a state they have nothing to do with footing a bill that they are propping up.

Hyperbole will get you nowhere. I see you have 87 in your name. Even if that's the year you graduated from college, rather than your birth year, the Vietnam war was not a personal experience for you.
Like 66 making an impact, you are making an assumption.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah the commercials said the slight amount was $130/yr. That's a lie for a lot of people, they left out a lot of key details on that BS. I just find it funny that the Mayor of a city that has above 25% poverty rate, highest taxes, highest income differential, most gun restrictions yet still high murder rate, thinks he knows what's best for the rest of the country, when he doesn't have the resume to back it up.

In the early 90's there was a high profile bank robbery in LA. The gunmen has full auto AK-47's (illegal, even today everywhere) 100 rnd Mags (illegal) and body armour (illegal) yet they still found a way to get them and hold a city hostage. LA, Chicago, NYC all have restrictive gun laws, yet they are the worst violent crime cities with guns.

And no, I don't really care about fellow citizens. I don't believe in creating a happy commune where everyone is equal. Some people are just more motivated than others. I want everyone to have an equal chance to be whatever they resolve to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado