Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 AM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The only quick advise I could give would be to be careful moving in January. We might have clear skies and be in the 60s, or we might be completely blanketed in snow.
Exactly. In Colo Spgs, Tuesday 03 Dec was 62F and sunny, here I am one day later and it's 5F, blowing a gale and snowing.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 08:56 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
@Mike....what's a little contrast of 58 degrees!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 PM

17 posts, read 13,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
Your budget might be the hardest thing to get to close to the mountains. If you are wanting to be close to trails and hiking, you'll want to live west of I-25, but I don't know that you will find a rental within your budget unless you go the roommate route.

You mention you are a server and will transfer your job. Do you know where you will be working? This will really help narrow down your search. Denver traffic can be pretty bad, so I would suggest living close to where you will work. My parents live in Littleton and my dad works out east by the airport and he said his commute is really horrible.

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I have to wait to contact my transferring location to when it gets closer to the time for me to move. I know my post said im moving in JAN, but some things came up and I had to push it back to MARCH, no big deal. But because I am a server, I have the freedom to look anywhere I can afford to live. I mean, lets be honest.. you can be a server anywhere as long as you're good at what you do and you have experience. So, im taking advantage of my time and also looking into Colorado Springs. According to some of the lovely responses below us, I should deff consider it.. therefore I am thanks again!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
The only quick advise I could give would be to be careful moving in January. We might have clear skies and be in the 60s, or we might be completely blanketed in snow.

My date actually got pushed back to March, lets hope for less bipolar weather in a few months? Thanks for your reply, mate!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Single budget works fine in Colorado Springs or Pueblo, but from the description of "all that jazz" and the cities you mentioned, I think you might find Pueblo too small for your taste. Denver you'll have to accept a very tight living situation on that rental budget, but your two person budget in Denver would get you a fairly nice apartment or a small house for rent.

Thank you for your input! I am actually very much considering Colorado Springs, and from what ive read I do believe you're correct about Pueblo, may be a bit drab for what im looking for.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurManby View Post
Hi HopePav.

Here's my insights:

My dear old Dad used to say, 'Son, you can't eat the Mountain'. Old guy translation: Better to be comfortable on the Plains and visit the Mountains than starve living in 'em. Good advice.

Northern CO is getting pretty darn expensive these days. I'd suggest Colorado Springs (if you can transfer there) for a number of reasons: Cheaper. Plenty of outdoor options, very close to town (like 10 minutes depending on where you live). Decent social network. Much easier to navigate. Only an hour from Denver. Less people the further south you go.

The Norteno crowds seem to always find a way to muck up my Rocky Mountain High! Yeah, I've lived up there, never again. Pueblo, which is where we are now, is cheap but wouldn't recommend it for someone in their 20's. I love it here, but I'm also old, married and like having the convenience of a river to fish on. Living on the Front Range most of my life, I've found you end up driving an hour or two just to reach the honey holes anyway. Might as well pick a place where you can save some cash and spend some of it on fun stuff instead of living expenses. Heck you're in Colorado, what more could anyone ask for? Personally, I prefer the Southern Rockies.

That is wonderful advice, thank you for taking the time to respond! Sounds like your old man knows a thing or two about a thing or two . My moving date got pushed back to March, so now I have more than enough time to research Colorado Springs! Thanks again, and enjoy your fishing!

Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Single gal in 20's with a dog... No Brain-er... Colorado Springs...

SO much nicer than DEN, so much closer to outdoor recreation, quite a nice and supportive community (with small pockets of nominally nice). Several schooling and career options for now and LATER. Just as close as DEN to great skiiing WITHOUT THE madhouse of Traffic. Much closer to the great recreation of central and southern Colorado and Northern NM. MUCH less crowded for enjoying those outdoor areas. How does 10 minutes in minimal traffic to the mtns sound? Look also to Woodland Park for lower Colorado Spings costs, BUT I would do what I need to to find a place close to work. (I worked 3 jobs from age 15 to age 28, and many times PT jobs and sources of income a later yrs) I LOVED to work nights and weekends to avail higher pay, more hours and midweek 'crowd-free-recreation'.

Plenty of EXCELLENT MEN should you ever relapse. (Air Force Academy, Air Force Base, Army Base, VA Medical facilities, GREAT churches with very solid men's groups, Large International NGO community, Many recreation and health minded residents)

Go spend a week there, Do All the local hiking Take lunch Breaks jogging your dog through Garden of the Gods, Visit Olympic training and nearby parks, THEN go back and look at DEN. I don't think it will look so nice.

You helped me out a lot, mate. I appreciate you taking the time to respond! You've pretty much had me sold on Colorado Springs, (kudos to you). Here in about a month im flying out there to take a look around, get a feel for it, see for myself basically. (My moving date got pushed back to March). So ill have to let you know the results once I get back.

Excellent men? Sounds marvelous. If anyone knows of a group gathering filled with sexy available lumberjacks in flannel shirts you go right ahead and point me in the direction of the trail of sawdust im suppose to follow, please and thank you

Once again, I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:33 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
@Mike....what's a little contrast of 58 degrees!
....about an extra $15-20 on my heating bill
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopePav View Post
Excellent men? Sounds marvelous. If anyone knows of a group gathering filled with sexy available lumberjacks in flannel shirts you go right ahead and point me in the direction of the trail of sawdust im suppose to follow, please and thank you
It's actually probably in rural Washington state or North Idaho tbh....

Old 01-05-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Exactly. In Colo Spgs, Tuesday 03 Dec was 62F and sunny, here I am one day later and it's 5F, blowing a gale and snowing.

Bloody hell. At least she keeps you on your toes, yea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado