Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times

Advertisements

Pueblo is under a frost advisory tonight.

This is from the NWS in Pueblo:

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUEBLO CO
743 PM MDT FRI OCT 3 2014

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM MDT SATURDAY...

* LOCATION...SOUTHERN EL PASO...PUEBLO...CROWLEY...OTERO... BENT...PROWERS AND KIOWA COUNTIES.

* TEMPERATURE...LOWS WILL FALL INTO THE LOWER 30S...MAINLY IN AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF THE ARKANSAS RIVER.

* IMPACT...SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE DAMAGED OR KILLED IF NOT PROTECTED.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL INTERESTS IN THE ADVISORY AREA SHOULD CONSIDER HARVESTING OR PROTECTING TENDER VEGETATION.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,825 times
They just reopened Trail Ridge Road
Rocky Mountain National Park Trail Ridge Road (HWY 34) through the park has opened! There is a chance of night closures so please call 970-586-1222 to stay on top of current road conditions. The Alpine Visitor Center webcam is looking pretty in white!

Webcams - Rocky Mountain National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 10-08-2014, 05:14 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Now this is an aspect of Colorado I do NOT miss....talking about winter on October first. The temp is still going into the 90s just about everyday over here in southern Oregon. Although I am looking forward to a cooldown, I am not looking forward to winter just yet.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Now this is an aspect of Colorado I do NOT miss....talking about winter on October first. The temp is still going into the 90s just about everyday over here in southern Oregon. Although I am looking forward to a cooldown, I am not looking forward to winter just yet.
I am ready for winter. Bring on the snow.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:22 AM

97 posts, read 135,150 times
We actually made it through the first week of October with no snow out here on the plains! (I'm kinda surprised!) The flies are hideous, of course, and we really need a few freezes to do them in, but I'm not going to complain too loudly. In and around the Sterling area, this has been a very, very wonderful summer and fall for us -- in fact, the first I can ever recall that we stayed green (Colorado green, that is) all summer long! Sweet!!!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Kind of interesting but because of hurricane Simon the front range urban corridor including Pueblo is under a flash flood watch from noon today to noon tomorrow. I hear we could get 1-3 inches of rain. Parts of the mountains are under a winter storm warning for over a foot of snow. Should be a interesting 24 hours.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM

529 posts, read 1,548,189 times
Winter? What is everyone talking about. It's been in the high 60's to high 70's every day this October. No snow anywhere other than the high mountains above 10,000 feet which is well possible even in July!

Why are people acting like it's been winter just because it was cool and in the low 40's and high 30's a few nights over the past 9 days. It was 80 degrees the past three days!

So one frost advisory on one night makes the 70 to 80 degree temps the other 80% of the time irrelevant? Hmm?

It was still in the 90's until two weeks ago and I'll never understand why someone would prefer 90 degrees over 65 degrees.

Did I miss something?

Last edited by JMM64; 10-09-2014 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 AM

529 posts, read 1,548,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
It wasn't winter by any means it was just one night of a cool down and possible frozen precipitation. It was still 65 degrees that day and it has been in the 70's the past week! Great weather! The mountains got snow and that's it. It was still in the 90s just two weeks ago and that was making me miserable.

The number 1 thing I don't miss about places like Texas and Arizona is how it is 90 degrees 9 months of the year. YUCK! So I don't blame you for being sick of 90 degree weather.

Last edited by JMM64; 10-09-2014 at 11:25 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
We had an extremely light frost in Denver last week one morning. Look for possible frost in the city this coming Sunday night. Hopefully not though.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:12 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Good news and bad news for the San Juans and the Four Corners from Coyote Gulch, a site that gathers information on Colorado’s water supply and current trends in Colorado’s climate.

Quote:
Elsewhere across the region [Western US], good rains came to the San Juan Mountains of Colorado, resulting in some minor trimming of the western notch of D0-D1 found there. Good rains over the past 90 days (or more) has also led to some trimming of the D3 in extreme southeast Colorado, northeast New Mexico, southwest Kansas and the extreme western Panhandle of Oklahoma. Conditions are still dire, though, as the region has weathered four years of intense, persistent drought. This is another region that could use a good beneficial winter…

Looking out a bit further at the 6-10-day time frame (October 14-18), the models are showing a greater likelihood of above-normal temperatures for virtually all of the contiguous United States, with the exception being the Pacific Northwest. The prospects for this unseasonable warmth are quite strong in the West, western Plains and Atlantic Coast...

For the Lower 48, the Pacific Northwest and eastern third of the country are showing better odds of above-normal precipitation. The Four Corners region and the central and southern Plains show a stronger tendency of being below normal with regard to the wet stuff.
We’ve gotten several good rain showers which have greened up the Four Corners nicely. Of course, it’s easy to green things up in southwest Colorado now days. It’s been brown, brown, and brown everywhere except for the irrigated alfalfa fields and even they were starting to look a bit dried out. It’s really beautiful out here this fall with the greened up meadows and the aspen and cottonwoods putting on their fall show of gold. Alas, the temperatures continue warmer than normal and look to continue that way, and we are in desperate need of a good cold winter that would kill off the eggs and larvae of all those awful pine beetles. Warm weather and rain just encourage the damned things to be fruitful and multiply, killing more forest in the process. I remember a time when it would get as cold as 50 degrees below zero around here in the winter – no beetle kill back then. Now it might get down to zero for a few days, but it needs to be colder than that to kill off the tree killers. Hope the prediction for warmer temps turns out to be wrong, but it’s hard to feel optimistic about the weather given the relentless drought and warm winters that have become the new norm around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado