Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:12 AM

22 posts, read 33,054 times

Advertisements

Meeting all of these requirements is impossible, but maybe the Mesa Junction neighborhood in Pueblo. The house would definitely be a lot older than 10yrs its a historic area, bordered by Pueblo Community College & the Union avenue historic commercial district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 12:32 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
The list of needs and wants of the OP has some contradictory things listed, but most of what matters can be found in COLO SGPS.

I did a search on ppar.com and there are HUNDREDS of homes under $150k; many are as-is, short sales or foreclosures, but some are not, like this one .

Here's another good prospect.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:38 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The list of needs and wants of the OP has some contradictory things listed, but most of what matters can be found in COLO SGPS.

I did a search on ppar.com and there are HUNDREDS of homes under $150k; many are as-is, short sales or foreclosures, but some are not, like this one .

Here's another good prospect.

Those houses is too old for these persnickety folks--they want a house less than 10 years old. For less than 150,000 you will hard pressed to find a house that new, in the metro Front Range, that has not been trashed and is not distressed requiring significant repair.

However, there are homes and this is how you do the search, less than 150,000 and built after 2004
http://www.recolorado.com/Listing/ListingSearch.aspx and there you may find some meeting their requirements but mostly in small rural areas but some in Pueblo. Remember they are associal so this is my pick:
http://www.recolorado.com/homes-for-...0449-121400726

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 11-01-2014 at 12:58 PM..

Old 11-01-2014, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 4,385 times
WOW.

I guess that's all I can say.

Being called a name is NOT a nice thing to do.

Also, the WANTs are WANTs. They differ from NEEDs, which is why I put them on a different list. I am astounded no-one noticed this.

I was asking questions and all I got was mocking, snarky and sarcastic comments. Why would ANYone do that? It's extremely rude to do so.

I am sorry you feel the need to ridicule people's questions rather than see they obviously don't know CO very well, and make the effort to be polite and kind.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:35 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,188,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Try Cheyenne.

It's cheap, but windy all the time.
Nothing even close in this price range. And we do get a reprieve from the winds for a couple months out of the year.

Maybe 10 years ago there were still under 6-figure bargains in this area, but the recent expansions of warehouses and local energy boom related businesses have put a lot of upward pressure on the Cheyenne real estate market.

While there are houses available now for under $150,000, they are not a reasonable walking distance to the amenities that you seek (let alone "good restaurants", I'm not sure they even exist in Cheyenne ... I go to Ft Collins when I want a better restaurant and that's at all price points .... from $'s to $$$$'s restaurants), and the area is not well served by public transportation. Condition issues will present with most of the houses in this price range.

In all candor, if your needs are your priority, then this area of the USA is not going to provide you with what you are seeking.

If these (or my prior) comments appear to be mocking, snarky and sarcastic to you, OP ...

then allow me to be the first to suggest that you've got a problem ... and it's all yours.

Folk on this thread have gone out of their way to be of assistance to you with a realistic assessment of what you have posted compared to what is available here and apparently you've not heard what you wanted to hear. The simple fact is that your price range and needs are incompatible with this area of the USA, it's not "back East" in a riparian climate and huge population centers which create an entirely different economic paradigm. Just because we have lower population counts and a rural area does not mean this region is "cheap" living in the sense that may be applicable to rural areas in your part of the USA.

Last edited by sunsprit; 11-01-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Old 11-01-2014, 03:58 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiecat View Post
WOW.

I guess that's all I can say.

Being called a name is NOT a nice thing to do.

Also, the WANTs are WANTs. They differ from NEEDs, which is why I put them on a different list. I am astounded no-one noticed this.

I was asking questions and all I got was mocking, snarky and sarcastic comments. Why would ANYone do that? It's extremely rude to do so.

I am sorry you feel the need to ridicule people's questions rather than see they obviously don't know CO very well, and make the effort to be polite and kind.
I thought that your original post was well laid out, and apologize for the fact that, in trying to be helpful, some of us took "wants" as being "needs". However, you did seem to show little undstanding of what Colorado is like, despite you saying that you've read through many of the posts (as least I think you said that).

I was curious and read through this whole thread and didn't see where anyone called you any names. Several people responded to your comment that both the husband and son are asocial. Perhaps we erred in being brutally honest?

Old 11-01-2014, 04:14 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Nothing at all wrong about being asocial (non gregarious, withdrawn from society, shy, retiring, non-participant, etc). We all can't be Kardashians.....

I'm disappointed in Live Content for his response, I've defended him often from a certain character who likes to pick apart his posts.

The OP came here in good faith, laying her cards on the table, seeking our help. I've given some, hope others step up with good info.

Thank you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:10 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We all can't be Kardashians.....

Kardashians? Yikes!! Well, there goes my dinner!

Anyhoo, a couple observations here. A thing to keep in mind here with the Colorado forum. For western states, It is the second busiest state regarding thread activity, coming in with 235 pages of questions, requests, and observation. California is the busiest with 467, Nevada the least with 46. Most everyone else in Mountain and Pacific Zones are in the 120 to 140 range. Simply put, boatloads of people want to move to Colorado, maybe not every day but certainly three or four times a week there are threads started by people who ask similar questions. The sad thing is 90% of those people take the info, then go about their business, not returning to this message board.

What I'd like to see the OP do is check out the "sticky" at the top of this page titled "Official Index Of Colorado Key Threads." The Colorado moderator has done a great job researching all areas of the state and the bigger cities. It takes a lot of time and effort to compile all of it.

Click on those links-lots of good information there. I might weigh in on this subject later.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-01-2014 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: spelling correction and adding a thing or two.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:22 PM

463 posts, read 320,954 times
My observation is that some posters here have a complete lack of Netiquette. I have seen the pattern happen many times over:

1) A newish member asks a question or makes an observation

2) Members reply, not taking into account the limitations of this method of communication, and thinking that even new users know their personality

3) The newish member gets offended, and lets everyone know

4) Members reply with a further lack of Netiquette by saying something like "If you can't handle brutal hard facts then tough"

5) The newish member closes their city-data account and leaves in a huff

I've seen this pattern happen so many times that I have no faith in it ever changing.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:27 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Kardashians? Yikes!! Well, there goes my dinner!

Anyhoo, a couple observations here. A thing to keep in mind here with the Colorado forum. For western states, It is the second busiest state regarding post activity, coming in with 235 pages of questions, requests, and observation. California is the busiest with 467, Nevada the least with 46. Most everyone else in Mountain and Pacific Zones are in the 120 to 140 range. Simply put, boatloads of people want to move to Colorado, maybe not every day but certainly three or four times a week there are threads started by people who ask similar questions. The sad thing is 90% of those people take the info, then go about their business, not returning to this message board.

What I'd like to see the OP do is check out the "sticky" at the top of this page titled "Official Index Of Colorado Key Threads." The Colorado moderator has done a great job researching all areas of the state and the bigger cities. It takes a lot of time and effort to compile all of it.

Click on those links-lots of good information there. I might weigh in on this subject later.
DOUBLE H has hit the nail on the head. It seems like every time I check out the Colorado forum there are the same old questions from people who obviously never bothered to do a search of the forum where they would find the answers to any and all of their questions about a zillion times over. I get tired of responding to these "hit and run" posters asking the same things over and over.

As far as "netiquette" goes, I have always felt that it is poor form to jump right into the middle of a forum I've never seen before and pontificate on threads where I actually know nothing about the discussion that has been going on for a few hundred replies at least. I see no posts here where someone has called the OP "names." What OP got were good, welcome to reality in Colorado replies. Maybe I got a little snarky over the "sea food' thing, but I tried to reply to OP from my own experience with both Colorado and Kentucky. I am probably one of the more die hard Coloradans on the forum, but at one point I did consider moving back to Kentucky to be nearer to what's left of my family there. I visited the Kentucky forum, read through many of the threads there and discovered some outstanding posts from a member who comes from the eastern Kentucky mountains the same as I do. Thanks to the fact that I actually read through many of the forum's threads, I was able to then jump in and ask semi-intelligent questions, and I got some great replies. It was in part through the comments of the Kentuckians that I suggested towns like Berea and Richmond to OP. And I was serious when I commented on missing fire flies. I do and there are many other things about Kentucky that make it every bit as good a place to live as Colorado. Were it not for my passionate love affair with the San Juan mountains, I might actually be living in Berea or a town in Whitley County.

Frankly, I'd have made better use of my time to respond to a different thread rather than trying to reach out to OP as one Kentuckian to another. I notice OP ignored my post completely. So, fine. I suggest the small town of Naturita on Colorado's Western Slope. The people are friendly, rents are cheap, and there's a bus that you can take to get to the snazzy resort town of Telluride less than an hour away. Telluride has all sorts of restaurants and cultural amenities. So, go for it, but don't go to Naturita and complain that you weren't fairly warned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado