Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 AM

49 posts, read 94,267 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm pretty much decided on taking a trip to Denver for the purposes of trying out legalized marijuana.

I don't know much about Denver, but people who know Colorado somewhat said that's the city to pick.

I'll fly in Sat and stay through Wed mid-day.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on some of these...

Parts of town I'd want to look for (safety, proximity to dispensaries/lounges)?

Would I want to stay Downtown or is it necessary? It looks cool. I'm not sure if they shoo away the dispensaries and lounges from downtown or not.

Any dispensaries or lounges that you'd highly recommend?

Hotels that are 420 friendly? (not a deal-breaker)

I was hoping to stay in a Marriott-branded hotel, mid-range, because I want to use my card, but this isn't a deal breaker.

My flight is handled but I'm trying to keep the hotel price under about $1,000.

I've spent a lot of time on google map and Denver 420 sites, but can't really find anything clear-cut. I especially don't understand these "marijuana tours"; one, for $75, will pick you up at the airport, and take you to a dispensary; that's about it...I don't get it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone cares to smoke out with a new face/visiting out-of-towner, I'm totally up for that too.

Best,

- Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 08:16 AM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,636 times
Ugh. Is it too late to repeal this law? I don't think this is what any of the people who voted for it had in mind?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:21 AM

897 posts, read 1,253,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Ugh. Is it too late to repeal this law? I don't think this is what any of the people who voted for it had in mind?
Oh you mean increase in tourism money is NOT a great thing? Personally I like seeing people come to Denver to try legal marijuana even though I do not smoke it - they come in the summer which is NOT the busy tourist season in CO and leave their money behind. I see nothing wrong with that.

What I hate seeing is: hi, I live in so and so, I have no job and no education, or I am washed out of my current profession. I want to move to Denver because I am tired of marijuana being illegal and want to enjoy it legally. I am coming with $2,000 and no return ticket and I am going to make it there!! UGH

OP - DM sent

Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 AM

49 posts, read 94,267 times
Quote:
I expected I'd probably get a few of these. You can be an insular hater if you want, but either way, I'm coming!

I've seen, and not from just the media (in case they're ALL lying), that people who go to Colorado for marijuana tourism are accepted far and wide.

Can anyone help me out with my questions instead of this stuff (above)?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM

897 posts, read 1,253,159 times
Ignore the haters OP. See my DM (Direct Message) to you. Come and bring your tourist money You'll be widely accepted and it's not a big deal. It's a really nice city to visit overall!

Welcome to CO

Old 08-26-2014, 08:52 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
People fly here for the big beer convention. What's the difference?? People who can afford to spend $1000 on a Marriott hotel room for 4 nights tend to be educated people with decent jobs.

To the OP, I don't know where you should stay. Hotels are now "smoke free", so I don't know where you're supposed to smoke it. There's always the edibles, but people have issues with them (eating too much since apparently it takes a while for it to kick in).

Old 08-26-2014, 08:58 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
I'm not 100% sure but I think you are going to have trouble finding hotels that are MJ friendly. Most aren't even smoke friendly. If anything, sample some of the edibles. Since this is your first time to Denver, I would recommend staying in or very near to downtown. This way you have plenty of places to walk to. Lots of good little bars and restaurants. Sorry I can't really help on the MJ side of things, but I hope you love Denver. I know I'm a little biased because I live out here, but if I had to choose between DC (I am assuming you live near DC by your screen name) and Denver, I would choose Denver hands down.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
I had no idea but there are hotels and B&B's that cater to marijuana tourism:
https://www.coloradopotguide.com/mar...iendly-hotels/

You could always buy a vaporizer and use your marijuana that way as there wouldn't be smoke or an odor and stay at a hotel of your choice but I thought I'd share this list as it may be of interest.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:22 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Do politicians count as people? If so, I think this is exactly what they had in mind. Dollar signs $$$$$$$$....

Old 08-26-2014, 09:40 AM

459 posts, read 807,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington-Guy View Post
Hello,

I'm pretty much decided on taking a trip to Denver for the purposes of trying out legalized marijuana.

I don't know much about Denver, but people who know Colorado somewhat said that's the city to pick.

I'll fly in Sat and stay through Wed mid-day.

I was hoping to get some recommendations on some of these...

Parts of town I'd want to look for (safety, proximity to dispensaries/lounges)?

Would I want to stay Downtown or is it necessary? It looks cool. I'm not sure if they shoo away the dispensaries and lounges from downtown or not.

Any dispensaries or lounges that you'd highly recommend?

Hotels that are 420 friendly? (not a deal-breaker)

I was hoping to stay in a Marriott-branded hotel, mid-range, because I want to use my card, but this isn't a deal breaker.

My flight is handled but I'm trying to keep the hotel price under about $1,000.

I've spent a lot of time on google map and Denver 420 sites, but can't really find anything clear-cut. I especially don't understand these "marijuana tours"; one, for $75, will pick you up at the airport, and take you to a dispensary; that's about it...I don't get it.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone cares to smoke out with a new face/visiting out-of-towner, I'm totally up for that too.

Best,

- Rob
You are not going to find a lot of MJ lounges in CO. There's a few in CO springs, there's one just north of Denver in an industrial part of Adams county, and there's one in Nederland in a 'shack' in the mountains outside Boulder. Denver busted the few lounges that were operating in Denver proper claiming they were acting as public places (cannot consume mj in public) and those cases last I heard were still pending in court to determine legality.

Dispensaries in Denver are far and away your best bet for obtaining MJ. Downtown has plenty of dispensaries but without a CO ID you will likely get tourist pricing, so if you want better deals go north into RiNo/Five points, south into Baker/Golden Triangle, or east into Cap Hill.

Tour companies can help show you the ropes and where you can and cannot smoke it, and if you are coming alone you may meet some people to smoke with. They may also clue you in to MJ friendly events that are happening in town during your stay. Given the few lounges in the area and not staying at a MJ friendly hotel (none of the maririotts are) this could be helpful depending on the tour company. So basically you are paying for information and connections, some of that you may be able to get on your own and some of it you may not.

If you do stay at Mariott vaping or Edibles if you want to consume in the room. If you do want to stay at a MJ friendly place instead of a mariott some AirBnB rooms and a few bed and breakfasts near downtown allow it (I've heard good things about this B & B Bud and Breakfast at The Adagio - Denver - USA).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado