Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 10:53 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
850 KOA? Can we get that in Denver? I'm hooked on 630 KHOW talk. Pete Boyles is annoying but interesting. Then at night we have these two lawyers Craig Silverman and Dan Caplan. Very irritating couple but nice to hear. And there's always NPR.
Are you joking? 850 KOA is a Denver station and the most listened to station in Colorado. They are the home of the Denver Broncos, plus Rush Limbaugh and Mike Rosan are on every day.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times
ahhh, that explains a lot as to why I don't know/listen to 850 KOA. Broncos, Rush??? gaggggg.

Who gives a rats *ss about the stupid broncos and that dumb*ss druggie when there is REAL news going on in the world???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Are you joking? 850 KOA is a Denver station and the most listened to station in Colorado. They are the home of the Denver Broncos, plus Rush Limbaugh and Mike Rosan are on every day.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
ahhh, that explains a lot as to why I don't know/listen to 850 KOA. Broncos, Rush??? gaggggg.

Who gives a rats *ss about the stupid broncos and that dumb*ss druggie when there is REAL news going on in the world???
If you do not like them or listen to them is one thing but not to have heard of them when they are the number one news, they have the most local news in the Denver metro area, and traffic station is kind of sad. I live in Pueblo and I know the local NPR station, AM 1230, but rarely, if ever, listen to it.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:27 AM

Number one news is purely your own judgment, not the god honest truth. I really don't think there is a "number one" station, as they all claim that. So maybe number one to you. If they were such a number one, then you'd think I would have heard of them, no??

I actually have heard of them, but did not think it was Denver. I prefer actual news found on the AM stations compared to FM. I suppose since the idea that local news should make Mike Shananigan the number one topic, I choose to listen to world news.

What's really sad is how I asked my friend McGowdog about whether I could get it up here, if it was AM, but instead get attacked by the likes of you.

Quote:
If you do not like them or listen to them is one thing but not to have heard of them when they are the number one news, they have the most local news in the Denver metro area, and traffic station is kind of sad. I live in Pueblo and I know the local NPR station, AM 1230, but rarely, if ever, listen to it.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Number one news is purely your own judgment, not the god honest truth. I really don't think there is a "number one" station, as they all claim that. So maybe number one to you. If they were such a number one, then you'd think I would have heard of them, no??

I actually have heard of them, but did not think it was Denver. I prefer actual news found on the AM stations compared to FM. I suppose since the idea that local news should make Mike Shananigan the number one topic, I choose to listen to world news.

What's really sad is how I asked my friend McGowdog about whether I could get it up here, if it was AM, but instead get attacked by the likes of you.
LOL so you have heard of it.

If you do not like it that's one thing, I can totally understand that. I am not a big fan of Rush Limbaugh either. I was just surprised that you said you never heard of a that station. Yes they are number one, just look at the ratings, that's not a judgement on the content but going purely by the numbers.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:38 AM

Yes, I have heard of it, I never said I hadn't heard of it, that was your assumption.

I'd love to look at ratings. Point the way.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Well now you know KOA is in fact a Denver station.

In denver KOA is the number one news station, over the other news and talk radio stations, and 3 over all.

Here is the link: http://colorado.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/incidental/DB-mktshare.htm

In Colorado they are the most listened to station as they are the only station you can get along the entire front range urban cooridor.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:56 AM

That was not the latest numbers, these are and KOA is number 1 in denver!

http://www.arbitron.com/radio_stations/arlt.asp (broken link)

Sorry for some reason I cant seem to post the link but you can find it from the link here.

The data is:

KOA - 6.2 5.2 6.2 6.9

Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the link and the data. I see where you are going with it. So what you are really saying is that they are the number one listened to station. I am sure that people feel the Broncos are number one, I could care less. Doesn't mean it's a fact.

I feel "number one" as far as local news and traffic is purely opinion based. Nice going in circles with you.

Quote:
Well now you know KOA is in fact a Denver station.

In denver KOA is the number one news station, over the other news and talk radio stations, and 3 over all.

Here is the link: http://colorado.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/incidental/DB-mktshare.htm

In Colorado they are the most listened to station as they are the only station you can get along the entire front range urban cooridor.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:07 PM

That is fact, they are the most listened to and like I have said has nothing to do with content. Me saying the broncos are number 1, opinion. BIG difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado