Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 24,801 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, you have been alot of help in the past and I just wanted your opinion on Castle Rock. We found an amazing house out there and want to put an offer on it. Just curious about the city itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 10:38 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
Have you been to Castle Rock? What kind of work do you do? Where will you be working? From your post it sounds like you found the house on the net and want to buy it almost sight unseen.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,272 times
I'm a Colorado girl all the way! But castle rock wouldn't be my first choice.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:49 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean minded View Post
Hey guys, you have been alot of help in the past and I just wanted your opinion on Castle Rock. We found an amazing house out there and want to put an offer on it. Just curious about the city itself.
Going on nothing else, it is nice place for families, may be boring for singles. Conveniently located between Colorado Springs and Denver (for jobs in either city). But like the other poster mentioned, a lot of it depends on where you will work, price range, kids, etc. Great place for kids. I'd strongly consider living there if I didn't work in SE Colorado Springs.

Other places that come up comparably to Castle Rock are Parker and Highlands Ranch: similar demographics, similar location in the overall Denver Metro, similar range of housing options though HR is a little bit more master planned with little or no large lot or horse living.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:44 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,851 times
What would you like to know? My wife and I moved to Castle Rock last August. I'd be happy to provide any information. In what neighborhood is the house located?

I'll echo what Charles says: family-oriented, great location between Denver & the Springs. I actually commute to the Northern CO Springs. Close to the light rail in Lone Tree - we take it into Denver quite frequently.

CR has a nice downtown. Not walkable from most of the newer subdivisions however.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
What would you like to know? My wife and I moved to Castle Rock last August. I'd be happy to provide any information. In what neighborhood is the house located?

I'll echo what Charles says: family-oriented, great location between Denver & the Springs. I actually commute to the Northern CO Springs. Close to the light rail in Lone Tree - we take it into Denver quite frequently.

CR has a nice downtown. Not walkable from most of the newer subdivisions however.
The house is on E. Aspen Ave. Do you know where that is?...How far away from Denver is CR? What is the light rail?

My boyfriend me, and another friend are planning on moving out there. We are all in our 20's. Do you think it would be too "boring" of a neighborhood? or is the drive to other places not that bad. As you would assume we really arnt worried about the family aspect of it. We are also into snowboarding. are there close resorts?

Another question. Where is the closest University?

Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Have you been to Castle Rock? What kind of work do you do? Where will you be working? From your post it sounds like you found the house on the net and want to buy it almost sight unseen.
I have not been to Castle Rock but i have been to Parker. Maybe i drove through it? not sure.

Oh and we are not going to buy the house without looking at it. We plan on flying out there to look before anything

Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 PM

E. Aspen Ave. is in Founder's Village. It's definitely a family oriented neighborhood - most of Castle Rock is. You may be bored. My wife and I are in our early 30s, no children and we aren't bored but we aren't quite in the party stage any more either. I guess it really depends on what you like to do.

I actually just looked at the map and my friend lives 1 street away from E. Aspen. He has great neighbors and they are outside socializing/bbq'ing etc all the time.

The light rail is a form of public transportation - basically a commuter train. It runs from Lincoln Ave which is a few exits north of Castle Rock into downtown Denver. The commute into Denver - during non rush hour - can be anywhere from 25-45 minutes depending on where you are going.

The closest university? Not 100% sure - my friend attends law school at the Univ. of Denver and he lives in Castle Rock. Others may be able to help with that one.

The mountain resorts are approximately 2-2.5 hours (non-peak traffic times) away from the Castle Rock area. My wife and I are there every weekend in the winter and will be most weekends after 'mud-season.'

Old 04-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
E. Aspen Ave. is in Founder's Village. It's definitely a family oriented neighborhood - most of Castle Rock is. You may be bored. My wife and I are in our early 30s, no children and we aren't bored but we aren't quite in the party stage any more either. I guess it really depends on what you like to do.

I actually just looked at the map and my friend lives 1 street away from E. Aspen. He has great neighbors and they are outside socializing/bbq'ing etc all the time.

The mountain resorts are approximately 2-2.5 hours (non-peak traffic times) away from the Castle Rock area. My wife and I are there every weekend in the winter and will be most weekends after 'mud-season.'
Ha to tell you the truth my boyfriend and I hate the downtown scene in San Diego and its way to expensive to go and party all the time. I think we might be ok. BBQs and and having people over is much more our style.

wow i really didnt think that the resorts were that far away!! That just goes to show that I have alot to learn about CO in general.

does the traffic really get bad around there? i mean, it can be worse that LA traffic.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:08 PM

Traffic: depends on who you ask. I've lived outside of Boston and DC, been to San Diego and LA on several occasions and the Denver traffic doesn't compare. It can get heavy during rush hour and east bound mountain traffic on a Sunday afternoon can get bad but if you can work your schedule around non-peak hours you'll be fine.

If you enjoy having people over, BBQ'ing and other neighborly stuff then I think you'll do just fine in Castle Rock!

Let me know if you think of anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado