Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 10:37 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
That's why I love it when the Broncos are playing on TV in Denver during a snow storm. It always snows in Colorado!

Stay in Florida, please!
Having been to Bronco games going back to 1962, I can certainly attest to Vision67's post! The Broncos are the only team in the NFL where it can snow on a Bronco game on Labor Day weekend. And it can snow in Denver on Memorial day weekend. Not very often, but it has.

But if anyone wants to know what it can do in early to mid-October, check out the youtubes from the Bronco/Packer Monday Night Football game on October 19th 1984.

The snow came down hard about 15 minutes before kickoff and by halftime there was 8 inches of snow on the ground and the wind was howling, I'm guessing 35 to 40 m.p.h. The Broncos scored 2 touchdowns in the first 30 seconds of the game from successful fumble recoveries for touchdowns by Steve Foley and Louis Wright. Fortunately I had a good seat for the game as our season tickets were in the south stands, section EE-row 14 with both touchdowns being scored in the south end zone. You could see the north stands but not very clearly.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-15-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 02:00 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,196,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Average price for a house in the Denver area is 600k and cost of living keeps going up.

Fort Collins and Colorado Springs seem better alternatives for housing options.
NOT if you commute to Denver- the commute would drive you insane now.

Old 10-15-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Having been to Bronco games going back to 1962, I can certainly attest to Vision67's post! The Broncos are the only team in the NFL where it can snow on a Bronco game on Labor Day weekend. And it can snow in Denver on Memorial day weekend. Not very often, but it has.

But if anyone wants to know what it can do in early to mid-October, check out the youtubes from the Bronco/Packer Monday Night Football game on October 19th 1984.

The snow came down hard about 15 minutes before kickoff and by halftime there was 8 inches of snow on the ground and the wind was howling, I'm guessing 35 to 40 m.p.h. The Broncos scored 2 touchdowns in the first 30 seconds of the game from successful fumble recoveries for touchdowns by Steve Foley and Louis Wright. Fortunately I had a good seat for the game as our season tickets were in the south stands, section EE-row 14 with both touchdowns being scored in the south end zone. You could see the north stands but not very clearly.
I remember that well- I was stationed in Australia in the USAF for a few years and a friend shipped a VHS tape over for that game.

I could not wait to come home!

Old 10-15-2020, 02:30 PM

38 posts, read 57,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Paywall. What are the top 5 cities mentioned in the article?
Use a Javascript on/off extension to get past paywalls.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:05 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopps View Post
Or turn off the adblocker, as they request.

Or go in on an incognito page for sites that only allow one or two pages.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopps View Post
Best paywall blocker out there- use it with Ublock Origin to read most stuff free (on Google and Firefox):

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

Old 10-15-2020, 03:40 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
These articles are pretty ridiculous though, people come out to scout the area and are like I thought I would see 20,000 bikes on the road at rush hour commuting home. Others think we all live 5 minute hike from a mountain trail, or if not we trek our Subarus out to the nearest mountain trail religiously on weekends (save for Bronco game time slots of course). I moved here for completely different reasons than this outdoor utopia portrayed by the original article and obviously I'm not alone in this. I suspect if we let out facts like 3/4 of us don't ski in a given year or 9 out of 10 of us didn't do an overnight camping trip last year, we will kill off our street cred with the relocators crowd.

Old 10-15-2020, 03:49 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,200,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
I moved here for completely different reasons than this outdoor utopia portrayed by the original article and obviously I'm not alone in this.
Nope.

But these articles tend to be dry data-driven and then pretty up with things like outdoor activities. Hard to enjoy skiing and so forth in an emptied, economically-dead mining town, so they have their priorities right. And it's been "right" for me, twice now.

Old 10-15-2020, 04:58 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
This article is the peak of 2012 fluff journalism.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 4,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
These articles are pretty ridiculous though, people come out to scout the area and are like I thought I would see 20,000 bikes on the road at rush hour commuting home. Others think we all live 5 minute hike from a mountain trail, or if not we trek our Subarus out to the nearest mountain trail religiously on weekends (save for Bronco game time slots of course). I moved here for completely different reasons than this outdoor utopia portrayed by the original article and obviously I'm not alone in this. I suspect if we let out facts like 3/4 of us don't ski in a given year or 9 out of 10 of us didn't do an overnight camping trip last year, we will kill off our street cred with the relocators crowd.
So you're saying you came for the weed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado