Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 08:57 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,694,624 times

Advertisements

I’ve been Unaffiliated since long before Bobblehead pinned her future on the coattails of He Who Shall Not Be Named. That decision had nothing to do with any particular candidate, it was just my refusal to pledge allegiance to any party. I love that we’re allowed to choose which primary ballot to vote in, because my choices are based on individual character and other factors.

For example, on the Republican ballot, the choice is between two extremely different candidates, while on the Democratic ballot I don’t have nearly as much concern over which of the three wins the primary.

I have voted for some Republican candidates before, both in CO and in WA. The party doesn’t matter to me; it really is a matter of the individual’s qualifications, integrity, communication style, goals, and ability to work constructively with diverse others. The Bobblehead works DEstructively; she is of no benefit whatsoever to CD3, no matter what party she leeches off of.

As for Tina Peters...
her new “office” should be behind bars, with her locked inside.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:06 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,694,624 times
ColoradoRambler, did you not hear that the real name is the Montezuma County Hatriots?

We would look to see if we recognized any neighbors’ vehicles in that display of faux patriotism. Sadly, we did see one in there one day. We will never feel the same about them again. We’ll still be civil if we encounter them (as I am sure they also will be), but that’s all. No possibility of getting to know them better when they show their allegiance to that kind of group.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:50 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,026,355 times
What a waste of reading.Learned nothing about the actual candidates but a lot about emotions and stupid fake voting games.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:18 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,311,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Yes, thank you. ^^^^
I am voting for her opponent (already voted) and I see nothing improper about it.

You are doing the right thing. Boebert is an attention seeking fool. But I think she attracts voters who mainly want to raise a middle finger to the establishment. There are a lot of angry people everywhere.

She is an embarrassment to serious citizens of Colorado. I hope you are able to replace her.

Old 06-25-2022, 07:58 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,933,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
ColoradoRambler, did you not hear that the real name is the Montezuma County Hatriots?

We would look to see if we recognized any neighbors’ vehicles in that display of faux patriotism. Sadly, we did see one in there one day. We will never feel the same about them again. We’ll still be civil if we encounter them (as I am sure they also will be), but that’s all. No possibility of getting to know them better when they show their allegiance to that kind of group.
Ha! Good one. I hired a local gal to help me out with the housework and such. She wasn't the best employee - like sometimes on the days she was supposed to come over, she'd call me from Utah or Alamosa to inform me that she couldn't come to work that day. She fancies herself as a hard core biker chick - rides a Harley, keeps a handgun in her glove compartment and likes to put hostile "I'm a patriot and you are not" type stickers on her car. I let these things slide for the most part except for her so-called "patriot" stickers. As the daughter of a career Army Officer, I get a little fed up when others question my patriotism - even indirectly. I commented on one of her stickers and she tried to blame it all on her old man whom she claimed is a Vietnam vet. I've met the guy and if he went to 'Nam he must have signed up at the age of 10 or 12. Whatever, right?

But I finally lost all patience with her when I saw her driving around on her Harley with the Hatriots one Saturday. I attend the Episcopalian Church (St Barnabas) where many of the congregation members were subject to harassment by our fine biker club friends who are trying to gain some legitimacy by calling themselves "patriots." That was the last straw, and I had to let her go.

I have always tried to avoid political conversations with people who are only acquaintances or whom I know lean toward "He who shall not be named." But anymore these days, that's become harder to do. People are so very polarized and that's a great shame.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:30 AM

17,708 posts, read 29,804,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It’s legal to do so, even though I’ve seen examples going to the other extreme - trying to get the ‘least electable’ candidates onto the ballot, so that they can be defeated in November.
That is me.
Voted for Heidi. Not because she is the least electable, but because her campaign would be totally incompetent as demonstrated by her Primary campaign.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:45 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,133,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
I’ve been Unaffiliated . . .

For example, on the Republican ballot, the choice is between two extremely different candidates, while on the Democratic ballot I don’t have nearly as much concern over whic h of the three wins the primary.
. . .
As for Tina Peters...
her new “office” should be behind bars, with her locked inside.
I think this angle makes sense to me. ie, If I know that i'm ok with any of the democratic candidates, why not vote in the republican primary, and choose the candidate i could most tolerate if he/she won.

Old 06-25-2022, 09:59 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
That is me.
Voted for Heidi. Not because she is the least electable, but because her campaign would be totally incompetent as demonstrated by her Primary campaign.
Ganahl is a wishy-washy whiner. Won't say anything even remotely controversial on the record, only gives interviews to partisan schmucks like George Brauchler, and leans into the Big Lie nonsense when she doesn't think she's being recorded.

The Colorado GOP is a three ring circus led by militia nutballs and conspiracy theory grifters. With the exception of John Kellner, their topline statewide primary candidates are all wackadoos.

Old 06-25-2022, 06:28 PM

2,474 posts, read 2,695,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Ganahl is a wishy-washy whiner. Won't say anything even remotely controversial on the record, only gives interviews to partisan schmucks like George Brauchler, and leans into the Big Lie nonsense when she doesn't think she's being recorded.

The Colorado GOP is a three ring circus led by militia nutballs and conspiracy theory grifters. With the exception of John Kellner, their topline statewide primary candidates are all wackadoos.
I find both parties are more and more defined by their extreme constituents. Sad state of affairs.

Old 06-25-2022, 08:34 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
I find both parties are more and more defined by their extreme constituents. Sad state of affairs.
Bill Maher was all over that sentiment last night, going on about how each party goes further to their end of the political spectrum and no party in the middle which is where real strength is found, i.e., those of us within a few degrees of the center line.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado