Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 06:58 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,337,164 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if the Secretary of State actually publishes the number of votes broken down by party vs unaffiliated? It wasn’t immediately obvious to me on the Secretary of State’s results website, but I did find an article from CPR from two days ago talking about the percentage of unaffiliated voters who chose to vote in party primaries from 2018-2022, but it doesn’t account for folks who chose to vote yesterday. I guess the data is available somewhere, but I haven’t been able to find it.

For what it’s worth, I thought Lauren Boebert would be in trouble especially based on everything I had heard about Democrats registering as Unaffiliated so they could vote in the Republican Primary specifically to vote against her, so I’m curious to see the breakdown for her race.

Last edited by cowboyxjon; 06-29-2022 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Fixed a typo in the link.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:34 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,369,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
She must have a really big following. There was such an effort to keep her and Tina Peters out. At least we won’t have to deal with Peters anymore.
Boebert will be her own undoing someday. She has so much baggage.

She said today she's a "RINO hunter." Someone's gonna get hurt, I'm afraid. Meanwhile, CD3 has no representation for real issues. She didn't even know anything about water issues, which are huge to everyone. All we have is a performative clown looking for her reality show.

Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,132,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
She said today she's a "RINO hunter." Someone's gonna get hurt, I'm afraid. Meanwhile, CD3 has no representation for real issues. She didn't even know anything about water issues, which are huge to everyone. All we have is a performative clown looking for her reality show.
an armed drama queen; i think i read that the lease on her saloon is not being renewed

Old 06-29-2022, 10:00 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,369,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
an armed drama queen; i think i read that the lease on her saloon is not being renewed
Yes, I read that too. She'll have her $174k salary, thanks to the taxpayers, and all the perks for another 2 years.

Coram would have been very good.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:02 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Boebert's win was the last straw for me. I think I'm going to apply for asylum in the Navajo Nation and spend my "golden years" hiding out in Canyon de Chelly.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
. . .spend my "golden years" hiding out in Canyon de Chelly.
sounds like heaven, and all the up and down walking keeps you in shape

Old 06-29-2022, 10:32 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Yeah I should've qualified that by saying primary voters, but I think she wins the general election easily given the changed district boundaries. My guess is it's 56-44.
Still missing the point about brainwashed voters. Local paper published a good article detailing how ballots are verified and counted. Our county clerk stated that extended families would gather for a bbq or whatever to “decide” together who to vote for. Sounds more like coercion or wheedling to me. Families often have more dominant members who call the shots. It is not about independent thinking; it is a gang mentality.

The Boob has such a big, impulse-ruled mouth that maybe she’ll put foot inside one too many times, turn inside out, and then it will be obvious even to the ODs what end is doing the thinking.

Last edited by pikabike; 06-29-2022 at 11:17 AM..

Old 06-29-2022, 10:36 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,693,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Cognitive dissonance at play in the cultlike followers.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:51 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,956,488 times
Here’s an article about Boebert’s win from Colorado Public Radio: https://www.cpr.org/2022/06/28/color...ict-3-results/

They got comments from 2 of her Colorado supporters. The first one spouts off about freedom and seems to be impressed with her reality show persona. The second will support anything she does as long as she gives proper lip service to Christianity (the typical hypocritical Trump supporting-evangelical position that we should all be familiar with by now).

I’m not sure why or how the majority of Western Slope Republicans became Trump cultists, or how they can win the general election that way. It used to be a moderately conservative district with pragmatic Republican politicians.

Those who have read George Orwell, will be familiar with his concept of “doublespeak”. Pertaining to our current political environment: the people ranting the most about freedom are the one’s who are the most likely to curtail it if they get the chance.

Old 06-29-2022, 10:59 AM

one part that's truly disturbing to me, (i'm part of the secular, assimilated Jewish tribe, like our governor and some other state officials)): Boebert says she is ‘tired’ of separation between church and state: ‘The church is supposed to direct the government’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado