Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2016, 04:47 PM

40 posts, read 76,827 times

Advertisements

I decided to relocate my family to pueblo Colorado from California 2 months ago and absolutely love it here!
We moved here sight unseen which is a huge risk but everything turned out for the best and we couldn't be happier. The people in general seem to have a very positive vibration and a desire to want to improve their city which is refreshing to see. the only thing that I'm concerned about is if I can find some kind of work here....I haven't started looking yet but Im crossing my fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 05:42 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_lioness View Post
I decided to relocate my family to pueblo Colorado from California 2 months ago and absolutely love it here!
We moved here sight unseen which is a huge risk but everything turned out for the best and we couldn't be happier. The people in general seem to have a very positive vibration and a desire to want to improve their city which is refreshing to see. the only thing that I'm concerned about is if I can find some kind of work here....I haven't started looking yet but Im crossing my fingers.
I am glad you like it here. I will say you picked a good time to move here as the economy is growing faster then I have ever seen it grow in my life. Good luck on your job hunting.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:56 AM

521 posts, read 292,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am glad you like it here. I will say you picked a good time to move here as the economy is growing faster then I have ever seen it grow in my life. Good luck on your job hunting.
I know you may saw this question 100 times, but is it difficult to adjust and live in Pueblo if someone has a job offer? I see interesting job openings sometimes and the rent is cheap, but no idea on how is livable is the place and is it near to Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs?

Thank you

Old 07-03-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
I know you may saw this question 100 times, but is it difficult to adjust and live in Pueblo if someone has a job offer? I see interesting job openings sometimes and the rent is cheap, but no idea on how is livable is the place and is it near to Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs?

Thank you
It depends where you are moving from. For example if your moving from New York City then yes it will be a big adjustment. On the other side of the spectrum if your coming from a town of 1,000 people again it will be a big adjustment.

Pueblo is part of the front range urban corridor and about 35 miles or a 1/2 hour drive to Colorado Springs and in my opinion this will be one large metro area in my life time like the Dallas Fort Worth metro. Pueblo is about 100 miles from Denver and I can be there in less then 2 hours. In fact that is one reason I like it in Pueblo so much as we are the most northern southwest city with a Palm Springs flair as we get more then 325 sunny days with summer highs 95-105 common. Plus Pueblo is a economic, cultural, and retail hub of 20 counties with a CSA of 210,000 people and has a regional comprehensive university, Colorado State University Pueblo, yet also in Colorado with great mountains and part of the front range with all it has to offer. A very unique city.

Old 07-03-2016, 04:41 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Anyone actually willing to work can usually find a job in Pueblo and folks who can show up on time once in a while can usually keep it.

As far as comparing Pueblo to Springs Denver and Boulder, in a word? No.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:24 PM

More evidence of the construction boom hitting the city is new houses sold is up. Again this is mainly due to MJ and it is just the start!

This is from the chieftain:

Home construction in Pueblo County continued to run ahead of last year’s pace through June, according to the Pueblo Regional Building Department.

The link: Pueblo County home starts ahead of 2015

Old 07-15-2016, 08:03 AM

The Pueblo economy continues to "sizzle" and I can see evidence all around the metro as it feels like it. It's actually fun to watch and see all the new growth and excitement around town.

Why is it "sizzling"? It's mostly due to hemp, medical MJ and recreational MJ and growing it. One example is all the manufacturing buildings and jobs being used for the industry and I am told Pueblo supplies 80% of the MJ used in the state. Imagine how this will continue to economically impact Pueblo as it becomes a $23 billion dollar industry by 2020. I have always argued that is takes one unforeseen positive economic impact to change the long term growth predictions for a city/ region. Getting the military was that event for the Springs in the 1940's. Is the legalization of MJ and our ability at capatlize on it that event for Pueblo? We won't know for sure for a few years but we could look back on this time as when Pueblo got its economic event.

This is from the Chieftain:

Pueblo’s run of stronger economic growth continues.

Retail and nonretail spending in May was up 10.3 percent from a year earlier, pushing growth for the year to 7.4 percent, according to city of Pueblo sales tax collections released this week.

The link: Pueblo recovery sizzles: May sales up 10 percent

Last edited by Josseppie; 07-15-2016 at 08:13 AM..

Old 07-20-2016, 10:47 AM

63 posts, read 102,754 times
The effects of the current political season will continue to provide healthy dividends for the Pueblo MJ economy, as people seek relief from the dizzying array of candidates running for higher office. Dizzying as in most of them make me feel queasy.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:14 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Default Pueblo District 60 went from worst to worster

Superintendent Constance Jones may have been forced out, micromanaged from day one, and had her hands tied from even having the power to hire anyone by her own board, a board which finds itself 8 administrators short, according to a reputable city council member.

Maybe it's sabotage and the board wants to let the state intervene.

Stay tuned...

Old 07-23-2016, 09:16 AM

304 posts, read 343,902 times
I have some inside information on this. Dr. Jones was either going to be forced out, or fired. She was slowly turning things around, but not the way the board wanted. She was doing so by reintroducing arts into the middle schools and getting them turned around, and not dumping money into athletics. Turning this around was not an overnight process, as the schools didn't get to this point overnight.

The school board has someone in line to take her place that is not nearly as qualified. The board doesn't want the state to intervene, as it means the local board will lose their positions and the state will completely take over. The school board has been secretive, dirty, and done too many back door deals. Pueblo has had 5 superintendents in 6 years. That alone should tell you something.

Anyone interested, please email Peter Sherman. He oversees the Colorado School Boards. Let him know you are unhappy with what is going on.

sherman_p@cde.state.co.us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado