Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM

25 posts, read 126,164 times

Advertisements

First off let me start by saying I currently do not live in Colorado... Yes i want to live there! who in there right mind does not... I decided to make this thread after reading a reply from (20yrsinbranson) <-=--- There is your credit 20yrsinbranson.... I can tell you that i am not obsessed with living there but it pops into my mind everyday! its there just like that song is there when you are trying to read a book... I love this state and city, spent about 3 days last year in Colorado, I even drove all the way through it on my way to Vegas! loved every minute of it... it was like being washed of all your sins, over and over and over again... Mountain after mountain.. all i kept thinking about was.. those poor people behind a cubicle somewhere punching in numbers, sitting there on autopilot staring at the clock and waiting for lunch time...
They are not here but I am.... i felt something that i never felt before! I was awakened! i was unplugged from yes i will say it the matrix... I know that living in Colorado people do work and live similar lives but honestly a weekend getaway to the mountains or the woods can cure any soul....
My obsession with Colorado is Yes 90% mountains and 5% city... i dont care too much for downtown areas, i am more a suburbs kind of guy... people are different in Colorado, its as if its a seceret... folks are more relaxed, people are not so edgy... this is my obsession with Colorado... whats yours? Oh and the other 5% well its city-data.com/forum/colorado...

Last edited by Coloradohh; 04-29-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:33 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Mysticism aside, it has to do with the outdoors and the spirit of adventure that comes from being in the mountains. The mountains are wonderful because of the sense of expectancy and unknown that you feel when you're in them. They're wonderful because you can get away from people for a while. They're great because they smell wonderful in the spring and summer. Because there's so much to do: you can explore, hike, find new spots, fish, camp, go on adventures. You can relax and have fun.

Having lived in different places, including the east coast, i have to say colorado - if not my favorite place - definitely ranks in the top two or three places to live.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:15 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Excuse me while I hork.

Yes, there are people (lots and lots of them) who positively WORSHIP Colorado. They are an enigma to me. I have no idea what they are thinking. I lived in Colorado for five of the most miserable years of my life. There was not a day that I woke up not hating it. The scenery is monotonous and boring. It never changes. One big, stupid mound of rock after another. If you are not an outdoor person (which I am not), there is virtually nothing to do. Where I was living, in Durango, they even closed the only bowling alley in town! I was physically uncomfortable due to the altitude, I had constant nose bleeds due to the dryness of the air.

The *only* good thing about Colorado, IMHO is that you do see a lot of wildlife. During my time there I saw lots of deer, elk, bear and prairie dogs, which I absolutely love but everybody in Colorado apparently hates since they do everything in their power to eradicate them. Go figure.

I hope you enjoy your life in Colorado. I wish you the best. But I wouldn't go back there if you paid me ten million dollars. But then, my idea of paradise is the ocean.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
20yrsinBranson wrote: my idea of paradise is the ocean.

Do you want to sell any of your oceanfront property in SW Missouri?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM

17 posts, read 59,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
The scenery is monotonous and boring. It never changes.
Sounds like the ocean to me.

To each his/her own.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,778,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Excuse me while I hork.

I was physically uncomfortable due to the altitude, I had constant nose bleeds due to the dryness of the air.

20yrsinBranson
Good point. I can see how that would be a problem if you're not used to it.

People coming from low elevations should spend a lot of time here (before moving) to determine whether the altitude will be an issue.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,122,390 times
20yrs - I am curious... If you hate Colorado so much why are you on this forum in the first place? Just to make disparaging remarks?

Old 04-29-2009, 03:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neditate View Post
20yrs - I am curious... If you hate Colorado so much why are you on this forum in the first place? Just to make disparaging remarks?
No, I just hit the "new posts" and read whatever interests me. Half the time I don't even look at what forum they're in. I've gotten into some really interesting conversations that with with people I would probably never have met.

Besides, since I have lived in Colorado before [shudder] I feel entitled. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-29-2009, 04:10 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,122,390 times
Interesting 20 yrs... well, good for you that you don't live here anymore.

Back to the original post. I felt the same as you the first time I drove through Colorado. I knew I would move here eventually. It was the best move I ever made. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
80skeys said it well regarding the "spirit of adventure" to be found here. Many find peace and inspiration. Coloradohh, I hope your dream of living here comes true like mine did.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times
That's okay, 20year... keep 'em coming, I truly do find them hilarious... And I'm not saying that out of irritation.

My sister was stuck in SW MO for many years and now that she's out here, she often says 'that's so Missouran' when things seem really backwards or extremely bland... I never knew what she meant, until now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado