Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:13 AM

857 posts, read 1,736,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchasse View Post
ugh. a post based on a baseless premise like this adds no value to this discussion, or any other.

Having moved here 6 months ago from across the country, and knowing no one upon our arrival, i can attest to the fact that any notion of Durango being against newcomers moving here is false.
Ugh? Oh really? It is not a baseless premise. I've spent a week in Durango and 3 horrible years in the racist, homophobic Southwest. The Durango area is WAAAAAY too Socially Conservative for those from the Far Left Coast, as is Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, and Phoenix. The 4 Corners States, overall, are not as open to new ideas and new people as they could be, and the conscientious personality type is overrepresented.

The anti-gay posts in this thread (and others) are evidence of Colorado's Conservatism. I prefer diversity surrounding me. Compared to my former home state of Washington, in the Southwest, many Caucasians have a hatred towards the Hispanics and Native Americans. Life is too short to move to areas with intolerant folks (Liberal or Conservative) when one is a Libertarian who respects everyone.

Fortunately, we have our West Coast versions of Durango where it's close in price or cheaper anyway:
Lake Tahoe, Ashland, Bend, and many other places in the Sierra, Sierra Foothills, Eastern Oregon, and Eastern Washington.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,300,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCVDUR View Post
Ugh? Oh really? It is not a baseless premise. I've spent a week in Durango and 3 horrible years in the racist, homophobic Southwest. The Durango area is WAAAAAY too Socially Conservative for those from the Far Left Coast, as is Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Flagstaff, and Phoenix. The 4 Corners States, overall, are not as open to new ideas and new people as they could be, and the conscientious personality type is overrepresented.

The anti-gay posts in this thread (and others) are evidence of Colorado's Conservatism. I prefer diversity surrounding me. Compared to my former home state of Washington, in the Southwest, many Caucasians have a hatred towards the Hispanics and Native Americans. Life is too short to move to areas with intolerant folks (Liberal or Conservative) when one is a Libertarian who respects everyone.

Fortunately, we have our West Coast versions of Durango where it's close in price or cheaper anyway:
Lake Tahoe, Ashland, Bend, and many other places in the Sierra, Sierra Foothills, Eastern Oregon, and Eastern Washington.
Funny, I was just reading about Bend (over) Oregon having a better than 10% 90+ day delinquency rate on mortgages. Prices ought to be getting quite a bit cheaper there soon.

I am always amused when the forces of immorality and depravity refer to disagreement with homosexuality as "phobia" and "hate." I fear them not, but I am against their behavior as a basic human wrong. I don't hate them...the loathing I feel and real "hatred" are different things. I would not kill or support killing a homo just for the evil that he does, where I would indeed kill a child molester if afforded the legal opportunity because I do truly "hate" him and his behavior. Go ahead and make my day...let me stick the needle into one of those pieces of crap.

The forces of homosexual perversion would like us to be deceived into believing that any disagreement with their vile transgressions against nature rises to the level of "hate" and "fear." In fact it is neither. I feel no more threatened by a practicing homosexual than I do of a dog peeing on my tires. I do abhor it and will act to try and make it go away, but I won't run away from it in fear nor kill or physically injure a person because of it. I view the behavior of a human homosexual much the same as I do a dog eating another dog's droppings. It's gross and repugnant, and I won't call it anything less just to appease others.

For the record here, being a libertarian in the southwest does not automatically entail respect for illegal aliens of ANY national origin nor of the dual citizenship standards applied to "native Americans" in the US (I am a "native" American, too).

P.S. "Tolerance" of anything and everything is not a virtue.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 AM

857 posts, read 1,736,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Funny, I was just reading about Bend (over) Oregon having a better than 10% 90+ day delinquency rate on mortgages. Prices ought to be getting quite a bit cheaper there soon.

I am always amused when the forces of immorality and depravity refer to disagreement with homosexuality as "phobia" and "hate." I fear them not, but I am against their behavior as a basic human wrong. I don't hate them...the loathing I feel and real "hatred" are different things. I would not kill or support killing a homo just for the evil that he does, where I would indeed kill a child molester if afforded the legal opportunity because I do truly "hate" him and his behavior. Go ahead and make my day...let me stick the needle into one of those pieces of crap.

The forces of homosexual perversion would like us to be deceived into believing that any disagreement with their vile transgressions against nature rises to the level of "hate" and "fear." In fact it is neither. I feel no more threatened by a practicing homosexual than I do of a dog peeing on my tires. I do abhor it and will act to try and make it go away, but I won't run away from it in fear nor kill or physically injure a person because of it. I view the behavior of a human homosexual much the same as I do a dog eating another dog's droppings. It's gross and repugnant, and I won't call it anything less just to appease others.

For the record here, being a libertarian in the southwest does not automatically entail respect for illegal aliens of ANY national origin nor of the dual citizenship standards applied to "native Americans" in the US (I am a "native" American, too).
Indeed, in terms of rent, Bend is a very cheap place to rent in the West, as is Corvallis (OR), Ashland (OR), and Lake Tahoe.

The problem with Utah and Arizona is that they have still not passed the Anti-Gay Discrimination act for housing and employment. That's behind the rest of the US, and even behind Colorado and New Mexico, who have statewide ordinances.

Last spring (a year ago), the Flagstaff City Council under the inappropriate leadership of Mayor Sara Presler (who let's hope will be ousted in May 2010 in the election and replaced by Joe Haughey), refused to pass an anti-discrimination ordinance for gays for the Flagstaff City Limits.

This is one of a number of issues that limit some socially conscious Liberals and Libertarians from coming to the 4 Corners States.

Another is states that have failed to pass the ERA amendment for women. Arizona and Utah have refused; I'm not sure about New Mexico and Colorado.

Except maybe for Colorado and Northern New Mexico, I wouldn't worry about gays or Feminists invading your 4 Corners States, they're staying in Santa Cruz and West Hollywood because they know this stuff. But I could be wrong, and my sister showed me straight guys on a soap opera today, with all kinds of jewelery and piercings on. I thought they were gay, and recently, I've seen two guys with three black earings in the SAME ear. What does THAT mean? <sarcastic>

Anyway, I guess I just prefer to stay out west, and then I'll have more to learn about folks

Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,300,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCVDUR View Post
This is one of a number of issues that limit some socially conscious Liberals and Libertarians from coming to the 4 Corners States.
Well, I'd prefer to have morally-conscious neighbors to socially-conscious ones then.

But to get back to topic, my original intent was not to have another discussion about homosexuals. It was that when these booms occur, in addition to the defiling of the landscape with condos for as far as the eye can see, the waves of locusts carry in with them all manner of undesirable human flotsam that also destroy the character of the town...green-haired tatooed freaks, prostitutes, homosexuals, and bankers.

And as history in the west has played out, time and time again, when the boom is over, often it's the saloon and the house of ill repute that are the last thing left standing...

Old 03-16-2010, 08:51 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,020,318 times
Now you are really bashing the green-haired tatooed freaks, prostitutes, & homosexuals by putting them into the same category as bankers. I believe you owe them all an apology.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 AM

26,246 posts, read 49,145,261 times
Time to close this thread. The OP has gotten what passes for an answer and we've gone all over the map with our digressions.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado