Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2020, 08:35 PM

5,167 posts, read 7,376,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I have been to Rush's twice and that was once to many times. Very very, very mediocre.
I always enjoy Rush's whenever I pass through Columbia and wish they would expand to the Upstate. I have enjoyed their burgers and hot dogs and ice cream and found it to be good. Have never tried the fried chicken however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 11:02 AM

14,255 posts, read 14,770,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I always enjoy Rush's whenever I pass through Columbia and wish they would expand to the Upstate. I have enjoyed their burgers and hot dogs and ice cream and found it to be good. Have never tried the fried chicken however.
I have been to Rush's twice and each time I was disappointed. Had hamburger once, fried chicken once. Off my list of places to go.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:09 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,963,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
In addition to Charlotte, there is also a Top Golf in Greenville. So it would seem they may want a location in the Midlands if they do well in the Upstate and Charlotte.
Charlotte has Two Top Golfs. The one in University City is finishing up now.

And I love Rush’s. Wish they would expand as well.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:02 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,267,455 times
Rush's has top shelf food all around, no short cuts there and their price reflects it. Be sure to try one of their milkshakes.

I think the best chicken in town is at Bernie's, followed by Zesto's with Rush's a close 3rd. One thing all 3 have in common is they use a pressure cooker to fry their chicken, just like the king of yardbird Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:34 AM

8,255 posts, read 13,390,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woffgrad13 View Post
Top Golf really isn’t that expensive if you’re there to play the game. The food and drinks are expensive, but that’s the case with most any entertainment venue these days.

The most expensive time for Top Golf is weekend evenings at $49/hr for up to 6 people. Not all that much more expensive than bowling these days. They even have half price tuesdays which would be very affordable.

The selfish side of me would love one off of I-26 in Irmo, but I’d go no matter the location in the Columbia area. I think the large vacant plot next to Harley Davidson at Broad River Rd (Exit 101) could be a great spot. Close proximity to Frankie’s, Dave and Busters, Stars and Strikes, and even the Plex.

Or if we could get some developer to do something off of I-20 between 26 and 77, it would be nice and centralized.

As a last resort, Bull Street could be a great option. The Birmingham location is located just outside of their CBD in the Uptown Entertainment District.
Yeah it would be cool if it were some where downtown/Bull St Commons. I know it has been discussed before
but I wonder if Columbia wasnt growing in the "fork vs spoon" manner.. Fork meaning up I-26 and up I-20 leaving developers to choose one area or the other versus cities that are more oval or circular like Augusta along I-20, Greenville along I-20 or Charleston along I-26 etc where there retail may be concentrated centrally or along a major corridor or at any point in the oval and have relatively easy access from most populations centers in the area?

Augusta also has the Masters...so people probably come down there all the time to play at Augusta National so that alone would warrant a Top Golf....

Old 11-22-2020, 06:26 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,267,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Augusta also has the Masters...so people probably come down there all the time to play at Augusta National so that alone would warrant a Top Golf....
The Augusta National is one of the most exclusive golf courses in the world. Regular people rarely get a chance to play there, you have to be a member or a guest of a member to even get through the front gate.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:07 PM

246 posts, read 202,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge71 View Post
BurgerIM opened a location here in Greenville this year. Tried it once and it will be a one and done for me.

Been wanting to try Burgerim. Your useless bit of information for today --- it's an Israeli chain, "Burgerim" is the Hebrew plural of "Burger" (think cherubim and seraphim). They do not have drive-thru but it looks like they do, instead that is Starbucks' drive-thru. I made that mistake the other day.

Eggs Up Grill is going to be another post-pandemic new restaurant try-out. Breakfast-type food as carryout doesn't really work.

Didn't get to try the Steak and Shake. Seemed like they closed almost as soon as they opened. That sucks.

Old 11-28-2020, 10:12 PM

246 posts, read 202,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Cat View Post
Apparently there is a Marriott going up next to the MUV fitness on Killian. I saw this sign yesterday across from Diablo's. Attachment 213068

Still a year later and no Marriott. It's kind of odd that there is only one hotel at that interchange (Hampton Inn). They have three or four up the road at Blythewood. My son (13) is wanting to do a staycation at that Hampton Inn --- outdoor pool and McDonald's is across the street, he likes the waffles too. It would be kind of weird staying there, as you can see the WRLK-TV tower, which you can also see from behind our house (just off Two Notch). We also like Panera Bread. Maria who works there is a very nice lady.

Old 11-29-2020, 10:43 AM

518 posts, read 438,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM42A View Post
Been wanting to try Burgerim. Your useless bit of information for today --- it's an Israeli chain, "Burgerim" is the Hebrew plural of "Burger" (think cherubim and seraphim). They do not have drive-thru but it looks like they do, instead that is Starbucks' drive-thru. I made that mistake the other day.

Eggs Up Grill is going to be another post-pandemic new restaurant try-out. Breakfast-type food as carryout doesn't really work.

Didn't get to try the Steak and Shake. Seemed like they closed almost as soon as they opened. That sucks.
We didn't care for Burgerim either. Took a long time and is expensive.

Eggs Up Grill has been there a while. They are a pre-pandemic chain, but like lots of places is doing more take out. Pre-Pandemic take-out was just people that didn't want to pay for the tip. Now seems more than half the traffic is to-go.

Steak and Shake was the 5th or 6th burger joint in that shopping center. It is silly they keep opening there. And they were the least visible.

Old 11-29-2020, 01:30 PM

1,124 posts, read 929,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
We didn't care for Burgerim either. Took a long time and is expensive.

Eggs Up Grill has been there a while. They are a pre-pandemic chain, but like lots of places is doing more take out. Pre-Pandemic take-out was just people that didn't want to pay for the tip. Now seems more than half the traffic is to-go.

Steak and Shake was the 5th or 6th burger joint in that shopping center. It is silly they keep opening there. And they were the least visible.
Steak and Shake closed I thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area