Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 05:55 AM

470 posts, read 1,842,174 times

Advertisements

i live in lexington and answering for my family and myself: no. we have great shopping here in lexington and if we need to hit up more shopping options, then we head over to harbison. the only reason why we drive over to NE is to visit extended family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 09:31 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,389,038 times
I actually will go out of my way to avoid having to go to NE Columbia.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
I actually will go out of my way to avoid having to go to NE Columbia.

amen to that!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 PM

163 posts, read 664,724 times
Just curious . . . what's wrong with NE Cola? Do you include Blythewood in there?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoGuy View Post
Just curious . . . what's wrong with NE Cola? Do you include Blythewood in there?
i really find nothing wrong with NE Cola except for the fact that it seems to me that it has grown so fast (admittedly, i'm a newcomer to SC. . .so i am going off my husband's experiences of growing up in NE) that it has lost any "character". and yes, there's the sandhills shopping plex, but i really don't see that as a big draw and not worth the drive from lex. and i really don't care to see something like that here in lex so hopefully the powers that be keep our shopping options limited yet varied.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM

316 posts, read 976,229 times
I live in Northeast Columbia, and I really like it here. It all depends on what a person wants. Blythewood is a part of Northeast Columbia, but it is more rural than the main section. If a person lives in Lexington, there are plenty of places to shop and go out there without having to come to Northeast.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:02 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,571,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Do people living in Lex (in general) find themselves driving over to the NE part of town for better/more shopping options? Thanks.
People in Lexington would be more likely to go to the Harbison area for more extensive shopping options - it's a lot closer than the NE area.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM

865 posts, read 2,432,833 times
Great info on the shopping- thanks!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:07 PM

163 posts, read 664,724 times
Quote:
I live in Northeast Columbia, and I really like it here. It all depends on what a person wants. Blythewood is a part of Northeast Columbia, but it is more rural than the main section.
So what are the major differences between Lexington and NE Cola? I just accepted a job offer in Columbia (the office is downtown on Main). Lexington and Blythewood are two major areas we are looking at. We're looking at Blythewood because my wife wants a house a little more "out in the country," for a bigger lot and more privacy. Also, that would be more convenient for visiting family in Kershaw and getting on I-20 towards Myrtle Beach.

We've heard good things about Lexington, too, though. Any thoughts we should keep in mind in comparing the areas?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,389,038 times
Blythewood isn't going to be out in the country too much longer.

One bad thing about Lexington is that you'll always be driving into the sun going to and coming from work. Old Sol can get pretty tough sometimes.

My beef with NE Columbia is that the traffic is horrendous. Worse than Harbison at times. Life's too short for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area