Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM

16 posts, read 42,667 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

For any wine drinkers out there, where are the best places to buy wine? Best prices, service, selection, etc? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 11:34 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,602,438 times
I usually go to Greens on Assembly Street; they have a nice selection and good prices. For a more upscale selection check out the Gourmet Shop in Five Points.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 AM

221 posts, read 1,034,388 times
I think the best selection is Total Wine & More on Harbison. I'm not sure if they have another location.

Their store is about twice the size of Green's with an obvious emphasis on Wine. I used to shop at the one in Greenville all the time. They have a fairly large selection of higher end stuff displayed with the "tasting index" numbers from a couple different publications. I got a bottle of Martin Ray Pinot Noir that was 95 on the tasting index, and it was well worth the $40. I don't drink too much wine, and I'm even less likely to throw down that kind of cash on wine, so it was probably the best bottle I've ever had. I really appreciated the recommendation from the staff, which was confirmed by the tasting index publication, and then confirmed by the excelent taste.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:27 AM

146 posts, read 522,725 times
World Market in SandHills may also be a location of interest...

Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 PM

293 posts, read 828,469 times
Both Greens locations[assembly st, and piney grove rd]...Total Beer and Wine on Harbison...The Gourmet Shop in 5 pts on Saluda Ave...& Morganelli's Liquor and Wines on Forest Dr.

Honorable Mention....Cloud Nine Market on Gervias St [i was suprised they had wine in there].

and WineStyles on Garners Ferry....i can't say i've ever been in there, but i know they are a franchise and have like 100 locations nationwide...

Old 06-08-2008, 02:17 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,602,438 times
^ I forgot about Cloud Nine; I go there more for the chocolate than for the wine, though. <EG>

Old 06-10-2008, 01:24 AM

293 posts, read 828,469 times
Matt...that's how i ended up going in there....my aunt wanted me to check on something for her since i was downtown...it was chocolate and some coffee [i think]. I saw the wine and was shocked...

Old 07-16-2009, 09:32 AM

113 posts, read 518,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy1981 View Post
I think the best selection is Total Wine & More on Harbison. I'm not sure if they have another location.

Their store is about twice the size of Green's with an obvious emphasis on Wine. I used to shop at the one in Greenville all the time. They have a fairly large selection of higher end stuff displayed with the "tasting index" numbers from a couple different publications. I got a bottle of Martin Ray Pinot Noir that was 95 on the tasting index, and it was well worth the $40. I don't drink too much wine, and I'm even less likely to throw down that kind of cash on wine, so it was probably the best bottle I've ever had. I really appreciated the recommendation from the staff, which was confirmed by the tasting index publication, and then confirmed by the excelent taste.

While I shop at Greenes more because it's on the way home Total Wines on Harbison is awesome. Fantastic variety and great prices. You can't beat it. I go there to stock up every few months. Yeah, I can't live without my glass every night.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 PM

12 posts, read 62,543 times
Also try Gervais and Vine in the Vista. They have an amazing assortment of wines by the glass or bottle.

Gervais & Vine Home

Old 07-19-2009, 04:19 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,271,740 times
Don't forget Sam's in Lexington on Sunset Blvd (across from Target). They have a large wine selection (about 2/3s the size of Greens), probably more beers than Green's and very competitive prices on all their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area