Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:27 PM

120 posts, read 289,396 times

Advertisements

I just can not wait to get out of here, at least up north I had multiple choices a half hour away or less in any direction for shopping, entertainment, etc what passes for authenticity down here is a macaroni factory for good Italian food, you have got to be kidding me! England has better food and that is not saying much. you can get by in a colder climate by throwing a sweater on but if your air conditioner goes on the fritz you are a dead man down here.
as for lake murray, i have seen better lakes with more natural beauty, this is called the midlands, yep everything is just middlin, nothing spectacular

Old 07-25-2008, 03:43 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Come to Greenville. We'll take care of you. Have you ever been to one of the local restaurants in downtown Greenville? Nothing short of amazing. I'm sure the same could be said of the eating establishments in the Vista and Five Points too. Do I think Columbia is boring though? No. Not even close.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:33 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,993,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybound View Post
I just can not wait to get out of here, at least up north I had multiple choices a half hour away or less in any direction for shopping, entertainment, etc what passes for authenticity down here is a macaroni factory for good Italian food, you have got to be kidding me! England has better food and that is not saying much. you can get by in a colder climate by throwing a sweater on but if your air conditioner goes on the fritz you are a dead man down here.
as for lake murray, i have seen better lakes with more natural beauty, this is called the midlands, yep everything is just middlin, nothing spectacular
Columbia is not for everyone but plenty of people relocate here and enjoy it. For me it is home...I could never live in Philly or most other New England area cities so to each their own. I don't like the cold, you don't like the heat. I note that you went out of your way to not slam Columbia, SC, and England. I hope you enjoy your next location more than your previous locations but my experience has taught me that one typically reaps what one sows.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:01 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,569,739 times
Quote:
I fail to see the purpose of this post, but if you think a "macaroni factory" is the best local Italian eatery, you obviously haven't explored much of the city. Have you even had dinner at Divino, Garibaldi's or Villa Tronco? I doubt it.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:23 PM

549 posts, read 1,741,810 times
Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,961,259 times
BYE. Move your behind back to Alaska then

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofaque86 View Post
BYE. Move your behind back to Alaska then
I thought he was from Philadelphia. LOL.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM

543 posts, read 2,364,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
Yep.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Columbia has tons going for it for a city its size. Is it perfect? No.

However, trashing a place on your way out the door because it isn't for you is... well, it's a lot of things. (Which may or may not include boorish, stupid, pointless, and rude.)

You can't expect every place to be all things to all people. Go somewhere you like better.

Quietly.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:55 AM

737 posts, read 1,655,271 times
Quote:
Wow that's just, that's just, that's just too bad. LOL, It's ashame it didn't work out. So its back to philly huh? Well, well I'm sure, I'm sure that'll be just fine!

Last edited by sandlapper; 07-26-2008 at 01:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area