Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 AM

95 posts, read 161,368 times

Advertisements

We may be relocating to Columbus in the near future. I work from home and require good quality, reliable, high-speed Internet. Any opinions on the available providers - good, bad, or otherwise? Are all available everywhere, or only in certain areas?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 AM

192 posts, read 385,423 times
I moved to Columbus a month ago, but did move to an apartment, and only one cable company is available through the apartment (though you could choose Direct TV if you wanted).

I have my cable and high speed internet through Knology and have been very happy so far. I also work from home on occasion and require reliable and fast internet.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,846,349 times
My apartment only come with Knology services also.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 3,831 times
I have ran the gauntlet of high speed internet providers in Columbus. They do not have anything comparable to Verizon or AT&T's UVerse (all fiber based) but do have some pretty good options. Charter and Knology are the two best by far (I have knology presently if that says anything). Stay away from Mediacom! One of the single worst consumer experiences of my life. I ended up with a case opened through the BBB and almost a court case before they would remove over $500 in charges from my account. You can also use DSL through Direct TV or Dish which are pretty consistent these days but have a much lower bandwidth.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:14 PM

95 posts, read 161,368 times
Thanks for the replies - good info!

Old 06-19-2012, 04:24 AM

192 posts, read 385,423 times
I just want to add, in my short experience with Knology - I have really come to appreciate their customer support team, and the fact that there's someone there 24 hours a day to answer your questions for you. They seem to "get" customer service, compared to Comcast - who I had in metro Atlanta.

Just had to buy a new TV this weekend, because my old 55" TV's convergence went wonky, and I was ready to get rid of that hulk of a TV and get a flat screen.

I consider myself pretty well versed when it comes to technology, but this new TV was kicking my butt in getting it set up for whatever reason. Called Knology, and the representative walked me through choosing the right setting to get the channels to register. I had all the wires hooked up correctly, I just couldn't get a signal, but it turned out to be a setting on the television.

It made me realize just how much of a pleasant experience Knology is - miles ahead of Comcast - MILES! LOL

Robin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA