Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:07 AM

95 posts, read 161,598 times

Advertisements

Good info, all. Thank you!

Now for the important questions - where should we have dinner while we're in town? And where to go for drinks, adult crowd, no 20-somethings. (No offense to you 20-somethings, just not my crowd!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,682,097 times
Glad to help. Here are my suggestions on where to eat to get a good flavor of the area. Columbus has every chain restaurant you can think of so I will stick with local places

Breakfast:

Bagel Break - downtown
Fountain City Coffee - downtown
The Grill - North Columbus

Lunch:

Dinglewood - Dinglewood Pharmacy it is inside an old pharmacy but it is a classic diner that has been a staple of Columbus for over 90 years. It has been a tv shows. Get the scrambled dog....you will love it. It is right across fom AFLAC World HQ in Midtown
The Yogurt Shoppe Cafe - The Yogurt Shoppe Caf&#233 - Home Page
Chef Lees - excellent Chinese
B. Merrell's - B.Merrell's - Chicken, Wings, Ribs, Beer, Catering - Everything's So Right!
Cannon Brew Pub - The Cannon Brew Pub : THE CANNON BREW PUB :: COLUMBUS, GEORGIA. Restaurant and Brew Pub. Good Beer. Honest Food. COLUMBUS, GEORGIA
Minnie's Uptown - southern cooking
Country's BBQ - Country's Barbecue multiple locations throughout the city

Dinner:

The Market - The Market Seafood Grill - Columbus, Georgia downtown
Downstair's at the Loft - Downstairs at The Loft
Buckhead Bar & Grill - Buckhead Bar & Grill - Great Food. Great Atmosphere.
Ben's Chop House - Ben's Chophouse
Meritage Cafe - meritagecafe.net
Mark's City Grill

Drinks:

Belloo's Martini and Cigar Bar
The Loft - The Loft
Houlihan's - not local but has a nice bar. There are two in town, one at the Marriott downtown and the other inside the DoubleTree on the northside.

Most of the bars downtown will have a younger crowd. Check out Epic (should be open). Most of the dinner places I mentioned have good drink selections.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:59 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,855,390 times
You can have dinner and shop in Columbus Park Crossing.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:16 PM

192 posts, read 386,064 times
We recently moved to Columbus from Atlanta, and chose to rent for the first year as we get to know the area. We chose Greystone Maple Ridge, on Schomburg, off of 80 (JR Allen Parkway), and are extremely happy with where we're staying. Just an exit away from Columbus Park Crossing, and downtown is an easy drive down Veteran's Parkway.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:02 PM

We had a nice visit to your fair city this week. Thanks for the dining tips - dinner at The Market and The Cannon, lunch at Houlihan's. I got the chance to drive around quite a bit, and was pleased with what I saw. My impression is that the area is growing and progressing, and quite possibly on the verge of becoming even better.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Glad you had a great trip. Definitely some good choices for lunch and dinner. Are you guys moving this way soon?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Don't know yet. My wife had a very good interview experience, but they have a second person to interview. We'll see.....

Old 07-27-2012, 05:45 PM

Hopefully she will get the position. Good luck and hope to have you guys in Columbus!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,855,390 times
Thanks for the positive remarks about Columbus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA