Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,504,238 times

Advertisements

They both are crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,848,198 times
Well the east wing between the Dillards exit to JC Penny open in 1994. The food court and the Parisian anchor open in 1985. So the Mall isn't that old. Just need better lighting and a inside touch up.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog23 View Post
Honestly, Peachtree Mall is so dated and "blah" that it's not even funny. In addition to makeovers (both external and internal), the mall could really benefit from having more upscale vendors as tenants (e.g., Williams & Sonoma, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Sephora, etc.).
The manager at Peachtree Mall is only aiming for one particular tenant. The Cheesecake Factory!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:59 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,661,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
The manager at Peachtree Mall is only aiming for one particular tenant. The Cheesecake Factory!
That will never happen. Indoor malls are a thing of the past. Old Towne, which is being developed further north, is likely to have some high-end stores/restaurants that are currently not in the Columbus market. That project is currently under construction. No word on tenants yet. Something should be announced this year I would imagine.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 AM

147 posts, read 233,211 times
Is Old Towne the development underway off Veteran's Parkway near Mongo's? I'm looking forward to hearing about the tenants they end up striking deals with, although I think the city will have no choice but to convert that area of Veteran's Parkway heading out towards Harris County into 4 lanes.

Regarding Peachtree Mall, I honestly don't see much of a future for it in regards to it staying relevant as a local shopping mainstay once Old Towne is constructed. I also don't get all the hoopla over Cheesecake Factory -- I went to one in Florida and once I got past the fancy atmosphere and marble columns, the food really wasn't all that special (I'd say mid-range chain restaurant quality on par with TGI Friday's, or maybe a little better).

Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM

322 posts, read 603,719 times
Im not holding my breath on old town. IMO, it won't be anything more than a new housing development with some small stores to give it a "folksy" feel. I know of a few possible tenants that turned them down because they fear once the novelty wears off they will only be serviced by the residents. Remember the Williams road revamping is at least 4-8 years away.

Peachtree is in a prime location due to the growth of Gateway and Lakeside as well as growth in the technology park and down forrest rd.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM

192 posts, read 385,549 times
Interesting your feedback about Cheesecake Factory, Hedgehog.

I had never been to one until last week.

I'm working in Atlanta for 2 weeks. I went 2 times last week, I went last night and plan to go tomorrow evening.

It's close to the hotel, the menu is massive, so I'm trying different dishes (the miso salmon has been my favorite so far).

The reason I plan to go tomorrow evening is that I went last Wed when the soup of the day was this decadent cream of mushroom soup, and I can't wait to get it again tomorrow night. They did say that it's served every Wed and they have some customers who come on Wednesdays just for that soup. I'm hoping to get some to go for lunch on Thursday.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM

Relocate Legacy to North Columbus. That will give Peachtree the room to expand and to add new and better stores.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:41 PM

215 posts, read 221,002 times
I wouldn't mind tearing it down and building a two floor mall lol, but that would probably take customers from the strip mall. Also Columbus Park Crossing is supposedly expanding next to t.j. max but who knows what's going on with that.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:24 PM

147 posts, read 233,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
Interesting your feedback about Cheesecake Factory, Hedgehog.

I had never been to one until last week.

I'm working in Atlanta for 2 weeks. I went 2 times last week, I went last night and plan to go tomorrow evening.

It's close to the hotel, the menu is massive, so I'm trying different dishes (the miso salmon has been my favorite so far).

The reason I plan to go tomorrow evening is that I went last Wed when the soup of the day was this decadent cream of mushroom soup, and I can't wait to get it again tomorrow night. They did say that it's served every Wed and they have some customers who come on Wednesdays just for that soup. I'm hoping to get some to go for lunch on Thursday.
Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance -- I've only been to one once, and all I got was some kind of pasta dish, so maybe the other selections are better. Either way, I think it will be a while before we have one here, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA