Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsurluvr View Post
amyers3, please tell me more about Billy's Grocery Store. Where is it exactly? What kinds of things does he have? I'm assuming probably a smallish country store to get things in between "big" grocery runs? Also, do you know if they have MediaCom in Cataula? Does that include internet, cable & phone, or do we need something else for phone?
Yes, they have Mediacom in Cataula, they should have it on Preston Road. Billy Supermarket is just up the road from Preston Road, they should have everything you need on a daily basis, there is also a Dollar General for small things. Billy's also has great meat! + on the weekends they smoke ribs that are very good as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:50 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,856,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
New home builders

Tom Moore Builder (only Earthcraft certified builder/custom builder, good prices)
A.T.W. Inc (custom builder, good prices)
Leary & Brown (custom, a little expensive compared to others)
Trademark Quality Homes
Edgar Hughston Homes
CPJ Custom Homes
Ray Wright Homes
JP Thayer
Jeff Lindsey Communities
Thanks for posting this. Tom built our house - the EarthCraft thing is pretty interesting. I'm still waiting it out to see how that turns out. Also, John Teeples, Flowers Johnson, Woodruff are also Earth Craft builders.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:26 AM

183 posts, read 254,536 times
Thanks for the info. I found the FB page for Billy's Supermarket and it is only 2 miles from where we'll be. I can't wait to visit and especially to get some of those smoked ribs and butts :-)

Old 06-02-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
When are you guys moving down?
If all goes according to plan with the inspection and appraisal, we are supposed to close on July 2 and take possession of the house on July 7. The current owner wanted the weekend to move and we agreed to that. We close on our house here in metro ATL on June 27, so we'll be homeless for about 10 days (we'll stay with my husband's sister and her hubby).

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!

Old 06-03-2014, 09:50 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsurluvr View Post
If all goes according to plan with the inspection and appraisal, we are supposed to close on July 2 and take possession of the house on July 7. The current owner wanted the weekend to move and we agreed to that. We close on our house here in metro ATL on June 27, so we'll be homeless for about 10 days (we'll stay with my husband's sister and her hubby).

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!
That's great! Hope you guys have a good move!

Old 06-03-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
That's great! Hope you guys have a good move!
Thanks! Me, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: