Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 06:19 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
https://www.dispatch.com/news/201810...-san-francisco

Important that Columbus landed this nonstop to San Francisco since Southwest is going to eliminate the nonstop to Oakland. Coupled with the new nonstop to Seattle on Alaska Airlines, and Delta adding a nonstop to Salt Lake City, Columbus is getting better Western U.S. service.
It’s not eliminated entirely, just reduced to Sundays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 07:18 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,429,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
I know you're being facetious but Weinland Park/ the Fourth Street has changed drastically in the last five years...let alone from 30 years ago when you were in school.
Drastically? Oldfield's is the only thing there on 4th in Weinland Park and the rest of that block is still boarded up with vacant storefronts aside from the dumpy carry-out next door. You have to head to Italian Village to see an improved 4th St. High St has seen some big changes on the WP side: new apartments including the Highline at Ninth with those ghastly storefronts lacking window space. And then Grant has lots of single family homes, but everything is still centered on High St and at least renting in WP you have that and the Short North next door while at Long & Front you have the parking garage district and a much less impressive stretch of High St. Hell, Downtown doesn't even have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or an urban supermarket like other ones do.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:13 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,300,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsite View Post
Drastically? Oldfield's is the only thing there on 4th in Weinland Park and the rest of that block is still boarded up with vacant storefronts aside from the dumpy carry-out next door. You have to head to Italian Village to see an improved 4th St. High St has seen some big changes on the WP side: new apartments including the Highline at Ninth with those ghastly storefronts lacking window space. And then Grant has lots of single family homes, but everything is still centered on High St and at least renting in WP you have that and the Short North next door while at Long & Front you have the parking garage district and a much less impressive stretch of High St. Hell, Downtown doesn't even have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or an urban supermarket like other ones do.
I had adjusted "changed drastically" in Columbus-speak to mean the opening of a basic bro brewery or coffee roaster, but I guess that didn't even happen. I was a regular patron of that Oldfield's (mostly because there was nothing else in the immediate area).

Old 10-26-2018, 11:54 AM

490 posts, read 864,733 times
Quote:
Downtown has The Hills Market, which has almost anything you could want.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbus76 View Post
Downtown has The Hills Market, which has almost anything you could want.
Thanks for the laugh.
Seriously though The Hills is alright, I've shopped there, but it's pricey. Definitely more like Whole Foods than Trader Joe's. If it was there back when I lived next to the Topiary Park I'd probably pop in for a few things and do most of my shopping elsewhere. South of Broad could use a grocery store at some point, but there is that suburban Kroger just down High in the Brewery District so maybe somewhere in the SE corner of downtown. Nothing wrong with some variety and I can't say I've complained about having ever more downtown grocery shopping options.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
I had adjusted "changed drastically" in Columbus-speak to mean the opening of a basic bro brewery or coffee roaster, but I guess that didn't even happen. I was a regular patron of that Oldfield's (mostly because there was nothing else in the immediate area).
Didn't make it to Oldfield's often since it's a bit of a hike off High, but on occasion and I liked the place. Le Estranger wasn't too far south either, but that was very short lived. It would just be nice if the rest of that Oldfield's block got fixed up. Even another decent bar would be nice.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:02 PM

Could this push the city to finally make a serious upgrade to mass transit on High St? I do think they could add a good deal more residences than the planned 885. Downtown is still far behind others when it come to population.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...adium-columbus

Old 12-30-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Could this push the city to finally make a serious upgrade to mass transit on High St? I do think they could add a good deal more residences than the planned 885. Downtown is still far behind others when it come to population.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...adium-columbus
I don't think that site is particularly big enough for much more than that after you add the stadium. We don't really have any final designs for the residential part of the project, so we don't know the heights at all. Who knows if the 885 is even going to be the final count. All the renderings we've seen are preliminary. We'll get a better idea over the next several months, as construction won't start until later in 2019.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,091 times
It's great to see the city investing back into the infrastructure, I've seen so many [url]https://www.columbusasphaltservices.com[/url] asphalt paving teams out and about while traffic has been down.

Old 08-21-2021, 11:41 AM

In another thread last year, it was mentioned that this thread hadn't been updated in a long time. The suggestion being that there was nothing going on to even add, which was nonsense. I was the one who originally started it and did my best to maintain it for several years. However, I ended up on other forums for discussing development- among other reasons- and decided to not continue adding stuff here. This Columbus forum was never all that busy compared to other non-CD sites, and most of the posters on the C-D Ohio forums do not even like Columbus. You can see that by all the dumb arguments scattered throughout.

However, if people are actually interested, I could start updating this thread again. Is this something anyone would like to see?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus