Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,950 times

Advertisements

Hello

I've been offered a high position with a bank not in Ohio.

Problem is that I have a misdemeanor from 1995 that was labeled as a 'theft' but was reduced to 'unauthorized use'.

I had it expunged a few years ago; some people say it won't show and others have verified that theirs *did* return in the fingerprint check. Does anyone know if it will?

And also, according to the de minimis provision of Section 19 of FDIC rules, my charge *does* qualify for automatic waiver allowing me to work for the bank, but does that make the bank any more likely to clear me on the background check?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 08:15 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,743,012 times
I would have a talk with the recruiter about it. You don't want to risk losing yoru job over this. If you're not comfortable with doing this, then you may want to talk to a lawyer. Or look at doing a back ground check on yourself. They have places online that you can pay for a background check. Let's say you want to check on fiancé before you marry, or check on a tenant. You can pay for a back ground check and see what kind of dirt you have on yourself. That would at least put your mind at ease that the misdemeanor is not classified as a theft.

In any event, I would take what strangers online tell you with a grain of salt. You don't want to put your livelihood at risk based on strangers opinions.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I would have a talk with the recruiter about it. You don't want to risk losing yoru job over this. If you're not comfortable with doing this, then you may want to talk to a lawyer. Or look at doing a back ground check on yourself. They have places online that you can pay for a background check. Let's say you want to check on fiancé before you marry, or check on a tenant. You can pay for a back ground check and see what kind of dirt you have on yourself. That would at least put your mind at ease that the misdemeanor is not classified as a theft.

In any event, I would take what strangers online tell you with a grain of salt. You don't want to put your livelihood at risk based on strangers opinions.
Brian,

Thanks for the kind response.

Yes, I agree about 'strangers' but I was hoping to run across someone who was in my shoes.

For the record, I did run a FBI check with fingerprints and nothing came back. But depending on the code that's checked on the purpose for the background, other stuff might come back depending on the purpose (employment working with kids, etc).

Old 04-23-2013, 10:58 PM

198 posts, read 525,033 times
Franklin County has a nice place to look at your court records online for free. Not sure how far it goes back though.

Franklin County Municipal Court Clerk Website - Lori M. Tyack

In the middle of the page click on FCMC Records Search. Checkmark the box and click on the Search Records box. Input your name and you should find court records on yourself.

Again, I have no clue how far it goes back. But it's free at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus