Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Columbus: More like Cleveland or Cincinnati?
Cleveland 14 31.11%
Cincinnati 31 68.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
What does your own logic say about you then?

And yes, maybe Columbus is a more interesting city than Boston with more to do, more tourism, more jobs, etc. Or maybe I post on City data because I work at a computer and have some downtime periodically throughout the day. Just a thought.
My 1500 posts over the span of 8.5 years would certainly seem to indicate an obsession/lack of other things going on in my life. That's 176 posts a year if you don't want to do the math. Or one every two days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 06:17 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
I've already corrected you on this numerous times. Now I just reference post #48 in the link below whenever you claim that my experiences are fabricated, which they are not as they are backed by links with others who all share the same experiences.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...mission-5.html
I thought your post #48 was ridiculous and so didn't respond (e.g., you never referenced any lists of the greatest minds in basketball that don't have Oscar Robertson on a top ten all-time NBA player list, and, as I had explained, I doubt you'll ever find such as list by an NBA expert as the Big O not only is the only player in NBA history to average a triple double for an entire season, he did so over FIVE seasons!!!). Perhaps I will respond to your post #48 at some point, although I get very tired of responding to your repetitive statements where you create imaginary friends, links, etc., to support losing arguments.

However, post 304 (and post 306 with a corrected link) here well indicates the quality of your "corrections" and the nature of my responses to them.

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...l#post42998677

You've supported your claims with links only in your own mind.

I'm certain many of us are still waiting for a link to your claimed post explaining what you enjoy so much in Cincinnati (not just Mason). I'm sorry I missed that one, if it actually exists.

BTW, if Columbus posters here have trouble with my posts, they should be eternally grateful that Maxmodder didn't grow up in Columbus!

Last edited by WRnative; 02-13-2016 at 07:23 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 07:50 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I thought your post #48 was ridiculous and so didn't respond (e.g., you never referenced any lists of the greatest minds in basketball that don't have Oscar Robertson on a top ten all-time NBA player list, and, as I had explained, I doubt you'll ever find such as list by an NBA expert as the Big O not only is the only player in NBA history to average a triple double for an entire season, he did so over FIVE seasons!!!). Perhaps I will respond to your post #48 at some point, although I get very tired of responding to your repetitive statements where you create imaginary friends, links, etc., to support losing arguments.

However, post 304 (and post 306 with a corrected link) here well indicates the quality of your "corrections" and the nature of my responses to them.

You've supported your claims with links only in your own mind.

I'm certain many of us are still waiting for a link to your claimed post explaining what you enjoy so much in Cincinnati (not just Mason). I'm sorry I missed that one, if it actually exists.

BTW, if Columbus posters here have trouble with my posts, they should be eternally grateful that Maxmodder didn't grow up in Columbus!
Yawn.... all of it is right here again in post #307 for you since you missed it the first time around.

As for Oscar, the latest ESPN top 100 ranking doesn't even have him in the top 10:

All-Time #NBArank: The greatest players ever
If averaging a triple double for an entire season 5 times in your mind is worthy of being in the top 10, then why don't the folks over at ESPN agree with you? They have him just outside of the top 10, which is exactly where I told you I have him ranked, before ESPN even published this recent list!

Back in December I told you what I like about Mason and Cincinnati. Here's what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmodder View Post
Imagine what ever you like. But let me share with you a reality. In the same day within the city limits of Mason, I was able to:

1. Watch Federer beat Novak live at the southern open.
2. Leave there, then ride some roller coasters at kings island
3. Head to "The Beach" and try a few outdoor water slides....
4. Head to Wolfe Lodge, ride some indoor water slides. Stay the night at the Lodge because we didn't feel like driving the 5 min back home.

You can't do anything remotely like this in the same city in Lake County. How do I know this? Because I've LIVED in Lake county. I have since moved on to bigger and better things. As for greater Cincinnati? I suppose I could list some of them for you since your visits to Cincy must resulted in you over looking these locations that many residents of Cincinnati love and prefer over what Cleveland has to offer. I prefer to spend my time actually enjoying these places rather than taking about them all the time, but alas, here are some of the many:

Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum, Cincinnati Art Museum, Smale Riverfront Park, Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption, Krohn Conservatory, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Fountain Square Riverwalk, American Sign Museum, Eden Park, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal, Taft Museum of Art, Cincinnati Music Hall... there are many more places that I've been to.....I could go on for hours but why bother?
Now I challenge you to find another post of mine where I mention the places above in Cincinnati that I enjoy. Go ahead. Type in search words like "krohn" or "riverwalk" under my name and see how many hits you get. Again, too busy enjoying them to constantly talk about them. You on the other hand.... there's like 2 whole pages worth of threads where you've mentioned "Cleveland Orchestra".

Old 02-13-2016, 08:17 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
It would be nice if you guys could take this pissing contest elsewhere, but ESPN is far from conversation-ender where sports knowledge is concerned. Oscar Robinson is a Top 10 all-time player and that list was ridiculously biased towards the modern (ESPN) era.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It would be nice if you guys could take this pissing contest elsewhere, but ESPN is far from conversation-ender where sports knowledge is concerned. Oscar Robinson is a Top 10 all-time player and that list was ridiculously biased towards the modern (ESPN) era.
And who's list is a conversation ender exactly? I was asked to supply a list of top 10, so I supplied ESPN most recent top 10. Not my fault that the Big O didn't make the cut.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
My 1500 posts over the span of 8.5 years would certainly seem to indicate an obsession/lack of other things going on in my life. That's 176 posts a year if you don't want to do the math. Or one every two days.
I hear that. I'm at 190 post a year. I guess when you spend more time enjoying where you live than having to constantly spend time propping it up and defending it, that is the result.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:23 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Congrats. You are a better person than everyone else. Obviously.

My point was that you claimed people posting were doing so because of some kind of deficiency in themselves, their city, inferiority complex, whatever the heck your poor point was. I was just saying well, you're posting too.

By the way, I am pretty sure I enjoy where I live just fine and have more than enough to do every day. Judging how people choose to spend some down moments at work (or when it's -9 degrees like today) is pretty arrogant of you in my opinion. If you were really so awesome, you wouldn't care.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Congrats. You are a better person than everyone else. Obviously.

My point was that you claimed people posting were doing so because of some kind of deficiency in themselves, their city, inferiority complex, whatever the heck your poor point was. I was just saying well, you're posting too.

By the way, I am pretty sure I enjoy where I live just fine and have more than enough to do every day. Judging how people choose to spend some down moments at work (or when it's -9 degrees like today) is pretty arrogant of you in my opinion. If you were really so awesome, you wouldn't care.
Or maybe he only has 176 posts a year on average because he spends more time enjoying where he lives than talking about it. There are some real gem posts in the Cleveland section that I've come across where people have claimed that others need to get a life, when they themselves have like 20x the number of posts than the person they are lashing out against. It's rather comical to say the least.

I mean after all, when it comes to a discussion about whether or not Columbus is more like Cleveland or Cincinnati, you must accept prior to any discussion that it's a Cleveland homer's world and we are all just living in it. Boston may be cold atm, but I like that city better than Cleveland.

Old 02-14-2016, 02:43 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmodder View Post
Or maybe he only has 176 posts a year on average because he spends more time enjoying where he lives than talking about it. There are some real gem posts in the Cleveland section that I've come across where people have claimed that others need to get a life, when they themselves have like 20x the number of posts than the person they are lashing out against. It's rather comical to say the least.

I mean after all, when it comes to a discussion about whether or not Columbus is more like Cleveland or Cincinnati, you must accept prior to any discussion that it's a Cleveland homer's world and we are all just living in it. Boston may be cold atm, but I like that city better than Cleveland.
What was your point?

Old 02-15-2016, 03:40 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,455 times
Quote:
What was your point?
And yours? Why are you still posting here about a city in which you don't live and clearly don't like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus