Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:28 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,261,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytercel View Post
I did not say all of the people here are like that; I said alot are. Don't twist my words. And I stand by what I said. And there are other posts on here that state the same, here and there, between what I would imagine are a lot of posts of people who own businesses here, work at the chamber of commerce, are worried about their property values going down, etc. claiming that Columbus is oh, just so woooonderful....you can hear how manufactured some of them are......

How is it a waste of time to pose as an everyday citizen, make some calls and get a good feel for the people and what they are like before you move to an area---------I think it is the smartest thing one could ever do when contemplating a move. Spare me the Columbus hustler double talk.
Baloney, as one of the main responders to your comment I have no vested interest in Columbus, having moved over a year ago to California. My home was sold and settled, and I have no family in Ohio, so no residual interest either. Being retired, I have no business interest in Ohio either.

And I stand by every single word in my posting.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM

80 posts, read 277,921 times
how's that, specifically? more presumption.....boy I hope out-of-towners read this thread....how telling it is.....

Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM

119 posts, read 559,373 times
greytercel... is it possible that the perceived rudeness of 850,000 people is at all influenced by the demeanor in which you approach them?

Old 02-12-2008, 05:47 PM

Default take what i said for what it's worth and stop attacking me personally!!

No, because I am very polite, as anyone who knows me would attest to, and am often met with rudeness anyways....what is with you people?! Face it, Columbus HAS a problem with this....as is evidenced by some of the posts on here....I am not the one who started getting catty and personal...others did....and also, one of posts backed up what I said about this being a problem here and the person posted quotes of several of his friends and acquaintances who back up what I'm saying....Columbus has a substantial rudeness problem....accept it and stop attacking me personally! geez...

Old 02-12-2008, 06:01 PM

Default twisting my words seems to be the order of the day

Re-reading your post I see you claim that I said 850,000 people are rude here....no, that is not what I said...So many of you have resorted to twisting my words and cattiness because you don't like what I said....
OUT-OF-TOWNERS READING THIS: Getting the picture yet? Sensing a bullying, muzzle the truth mentality on this thread? Classic Columbus.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM

119 posts, read 559,373 times
Quote:
About 50% of the people here, usually the natives, are rude to the point that at times it is surreal.
I believe if you take into account that 1.7 million people live in the Columbus Metro Area and divide that by the 1/2, which is how many of the people you said were rude you will get 850,000 people. Also you say continually one must have facts to back up their arguments, so I will also add that I would like to see your facts containing the proof that Columbus is overly rude.

Although none of the following rankings pertain specifically to rudeness, I think they do speak to the fact that Columbus is a thriving, nice city and for it to garner such high rankings, Columbus could not have been overly rude or the researchers for the following publications would not have ranked it so highly
Columbus ranked 88 of 200 among the Best Places for Business and Careers (Forbes, July, 2007)

A Top 10 City for African-Americans (Black Enterprise Magazine, July, 2007)

Columbus ranked #3 Top “Cities of the Future” on international investment. (fDi Magazine, April, 2007)

Ohio ranks No. 1 in the nation for number of attractive metropolitans for capital investment. (Site Selection Magazine, March, 2007)

Columbus is among the most diverse and Top 10 Best Places for Gays and Lesbians to Live in America. (Advocate Magazine, March, 2007)

State of Ohio recipient of the 2006 Governor’s Cup (Site Selection magazine, March, 2007)

A top 50 hottest city for expansion and relocation
(Expansion Management Magazine, Feb. 2007)

Columbus ranked #2 best city in the nation for African American families. (BET.com, February, 2007))

Ohio ranked #1 state in the Midwest for strong business climate and #3 in the nation among the states more attractive for investment capital (Site Selection magazine, December 2006)

Ohio ranked seventh-highest number of women-owned businesses in the country (Center for Women’s Business Research and American Express, December 2006)

Seventh strongest economy in the nation (POLICOM, August 2006)

Eleventh best city for singles (Forbes, August 2006)

Eighth best city to live (Money magazine, August 2006)

OSU ranked among 100 best campuses for LGBT students (The Advocate College Guide, August 2006)

One of America’s Top-Rated Cities
(Grey House Publishing, May 2006)

Top 10 city for art
(American Style Magazine, April 2006)

An All-America City Finalist
(National Civic League, April 2006)

Ohio ranked #6 nationally for Competitiveness Award
(Site Selection magazine, April 2006)

Ohio 2nd in business attraction
(Site Selection magazine, March 2006)

A top 50 hottest city for expansion and relocation
(Expansion Management Magazine, Feb. 2006)

Powell, 18th –best place to live
(Money magazine 2005)

Dublin – One of America’s Hottest Places to Live
(Money Magazine, June 2005)

Old 02-12-2008, 11:36 PM

6 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Re-reading your post I see you claim that I said 850,000 people are rude here....no, that is not what I said...So many of you have resorted to twisting my words and cattiness because you don't like what I said....
OUT-OF-TOWNERS READING THIS: Getting the picture yet? Sensing a bullying, muzzle the truth mentality on this thread? Classic Columbus.
Why are you trying to act as some advocate against Columbus? From what I've read, it seems like you're just oversensitive.

We are not being bullies, we are simply defending our opinions because you attacked Columbus and the people living in it(or about 50% as you might say). You portray the people of Columbus to be vicious and heartless, which in no way is true. We would not want someone from out of the area to be turned away because of your injustice to our fair city. (I'm not really sure why someone would be influenced by you anyway after reading what you have to say). Maybe you annoy people by your petty complaints to the point where you make them mad. And if you don't like Columbus so much, why don't you do something about it? If you are unable to move away, just try being nice to those who aren't nice to you. After all hatred is beat by kindness any day unless you let it do so.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,742,077 times
This thread is pointless.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus