Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:52 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprincesssparkle View Post
stay away from St. Mary Magdalene(k-8) and then the Bishop Ready H.S....both are bordering on ghetto, I went to both actually all the way through, worse than pubic schools every kid that comes out with a bad reputation, education is decent I got into colleges with no problem but they can't keep decent teachers to save their lives, runs about $5000 a year for the high school not sure what the elementary is up to, no A/C and the heat rarely worked, deads rats in vent systems, i wouldn't reccommend
Holy moley! I know a handful of people who went to Ready, and at least 2-3 of them had also gone to Mary-Mags. Has it really gotten that bad lately?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 12:57 AM

20 posts, read 63,271 times
yeah i graduated in 2004, i think about 3 girls from my year already had kids, one while we were still there, the school made her get an abortion to stay there and tell everyone she miscaried, went on to have like 4 kids after she transferred later on anway, there were lots of girls that partied and slept around, it was the norm, our class president was attempting to join the kkk while still in school...he made our lives hell....hate him to this day with a passion wherever he is...yeah dead rats always smelled up the air vents, place is falling apart, 90% of the good teachers i had left or didnt have their contracts renewed while they kept incompetent teachers, our valedictorian had a screaming match with our french teacher senior year b/c the psycho teacher would test us over something new, then try to teach it to us when we failed, but would assign homework and never go over it so we were all still doing it wrong, then test us again and we would fail again. had a foreign exchange and the french kids had to have their teacher translate what ours was trying to say b/c she didn't know french...just one example...yeah wouldnt recommend it, magdalene isnt so bad that i know of but i still live in the area(westside) and it's slowly becoming the complete ghetto I wouldn't recommend someone moving here that isn't used to it or knowing what really to expect.

Old 05-12-2007, 10:21 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,338 times
WOW, Princess...yeah I'd say that's gotten worse. It's very sad actually.

And here Catholic schools are supposed to be the best of the best! The friends I have who went to Ready are all older than me; most went thru in the early-mid '80s. I guess that was almost a whole generation ago, and I have heard stories of a girl gettin' knocked up now and then, or a student getting suspended for smoking pot. But nothing like the total mayhem you described.

Also, what's with the school telling that girl to get an abortion?! Isn't that a complete violation of Catholic teaching? And suggesting she lie about it? Whoa...

Old 05-15-2007, 09:03 AM

4 posts, read 23,353 times
Thank you all for your posts & input! Of the schools I toured, I liked Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Grove City the best. It was the ONLY one that I inquired about that had the children attend mass weekly - others had gone to 1 - 2x per month. Class sizes were good; about 25 on average. 2 classes of each grade so kids wouldn't HAVE to stay in the same clique. Nice outdoor playground area. Aids in lower grades. Students were always under controll but not beat into submission. Very friendly staff (unfortunately not the norm from the 12 + schools I've visited between SC & Cols.). Grove City was a nice, rural area and a very short drive to the city. However, I've decided to stay here in the Charleston area and have put my children on the waiting list for Christ Our King-Stella Maris in Mt. Pleasant. It will be a 40 minute drive from where we live but after visiting all the others in this area & word of mouth, I think it is the best school. Now hopefully my kids will get in!
Thanks for your help!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:28 PM

2 posts, read 4,459 times
little off topic, but for a high school u should look in to, i strongly suggest St. Charles Prep. Great financial aid because its a little pricey. But heres a few stats: For the past 8 years, NOT ONE student has faild the Ohio Graduation Test, and has the highest act and sat scores in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: