Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:43 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,676,711 times

Advertisements

Beechwold is located north of Clintonville. Beechwold is just south of Worthington and is strung along the High St. corridor, just like worthington.

Here is a good link to one of the most sought after Beechwold neighborhood. 43214 is part of Beechwold. Some refer to Beechwold as Clintonville, but technically it is considered a different neighborhood. Clintonville begins south of Beechwold.

weisheimer rd columbus ohio - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 04:55 PM

133 posts, read 590,113 times
My husband and I live in Dublin and enjoy it very much. However, Dublin is very expensive. It is home to the Memorial Tournament/Muirfield Village and the homes and property taxes are high. But it is a wonderful community and even though it is about 20 minutes to downtown, it is still close enough to do fun things yet far away enough that you don't feel crowded by all the hustle and bustle.

Hilliard is also a nice community, and it isn't as expensive as Dublin. Hilliard also has one of the top school districts in the state of Ohio. I also really like Worthington and Westerville. I tend to be more supportive of the north and northwest suburbs, as Reynoldsburg, Grove City, and the southern parts of the city tend to be more trashy (that's the nicest way to say it..sorry!) I do not recommend Upper Arlington unless you are a millionaire and don't care that you are less than 3 miles from Ohio State University and all the college kids.

I currently work in the real estate and property management industry and I tell all prospective clients the same thing...to try to stay north/northwest of the city as I feel they are clean, safe, and growing communities. I hope this helps!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:37 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,676,711 times
Quote:
I do not recommend Upper Arlington unless you are a millionaire and don't care that you are less than 3 miles from Ohio State University and all the college kids.
Upper Arlington is far enough away from OSU's campus that you hear no noise or can barely see the campus. Also, upper arlington does have a larger variety of houses costs than many realize. Only a fraction are million dollar homes.

Quote:
I tend to be more supportive of the north and northwest suburbs
I do agree to an extent. Its not just the northern suburbs that are nicer, the entire northern, north central, and north west part of Columbus is nicer than many of the southern and SE sections of the city and suburbs.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,247,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal78 View Post
My husband and I live in Dublin and enjoy it very much. However, Dublin is very expensive. It is home to the Memorial Tournament/Muirfield Village and the homes and property taxes are high. But it is a wonderful community and even though it is about 20 minutes to downtown, it is still close enough to do fun things yet far away enough that you don't feel crowded by all the hustle and bustle.
Though a bit pricey, I wouldn't classify Dublin as very expensive. My quick look at homes currently for sale indicate that 53 single family homes are currently for sale in Dublin under $300K, with at least 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a two car garage.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 PM

5 posts, read 17,329 times
I'll put in a plug for Hilliard-
that's where I am and I have three young kids, and hubby goes to OSU daily. The commute is 15-20 minutes most days, but that's TO the lot and does not include parking/walking time. The arena district is not far from OSU, and could be quicker in commute.

Hilliard schools are ranked at the top in Columbus, and our experience (elementary) has been great so far. I don't know much about private schools, except for the one on the south side of Hilliard (Cypress Christian) because anyone in Hilliard schools is there for the public school system.

The neighborhoods are new enough that there's at least one park in every one, and many have bike trails through or around them. Homestead park is on Cosgray RD and hosts day, and evening programs in the summer, besides having a number of play areas with a variety of equipment (wet, dry, toddler, preschool, elem. appropriate).

The YMCA is just south of Homestead and our family hangs out there on a daily basis.

I think you could easily find a 4 bedroom home in Hilliard schools for your range.

Have I sold you yet?

The only zip codes I know are Hilliard- 43026and Galloway- 43228Good luck!

Last edited by fivebuckeyes; 01-15-2009 at 09:30 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 AM

133 posts, read 590,113 times
Depends on where in Dublin you are. If you are off Sawmill Rd, then yes, you can find a home for under $300k. There are many neighborhoods in the Dublin school district under $300k...but if you go west of the River you'll find that housing starts over $300k and goes to the millions.

If you choose Hilliard, there are many newer developments in the school district. I don't recommend "old Hilliard" as it is run down and dirty. Another great school district is Worthington.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:26 PM

212 posts, read 687,664 times
I live in Grove City and love it. I'm off of Alkire Rd. I work downtown and if I leave at the right time, I'm to work in 15-20 mins. My husband works in Hilliard and has about the same commute. We love to go downtown to events and dinner it's it takes us no time at all. Grove City is growing, esp. down on Stringtown Rd. the downtown area of Grove City is cute and they have lots of activities during the year.
The schools are good, at least I've heard. I don't have kids in shcool. The taxes are
reasonable.
I always see higher prices in Grandview, Upper Arlington and that area. I'd think staying around Hilliard, Grove City, Galloway, maybe even north of campus, you'll find something nice and reasonable.
Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM

240 posts, read 954,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal78 View Post
Depends on where in Dublin you are. If you are off Sawmill Rd, then yes, you can find a home for under $300k. There are many neighborhoods in the Dublin school district under $300k...but if you go west of the River you'll find that housing starts over $300k and goes to the millions.

If you choose Hilliard, there are many newer developments in the school district. I don't recommend "old Hilliard" as it is run down and dirty. Another great school district is Worthington.
I mostly agree with this post! You can find properties in Dublin for under $300K west of the river, but definitely not nearly as many as around the Sawmill corridor. You can actually find some for under $200K in the Columbus portion of the Dublin CSD.

Hilliard CSD has many new developments that would offer 4 BR houses, too. "Old Hilliard" is finally getting a much-needed makeover, but outside of Norwich Street, most of the homes in that area are quite small.

Apparently, you're looking at Worthington, too. As buckeyegal said, that is another very good option!

Last edited by bgfalcons86; 01-19-2009 at 02:21 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM

12 posts, read 25,381 times
if you're both going to be in the downtown area for work, i'd suggest worthington, clintonville and upper arlington. those are all great places. the commute to dublin is too long, in my opinion. grove city and hillard are a little too far away for my taste... but again, that's just my humble opinion.

good luck!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM

10 posts, read 56,959 times
I work with Minister Realty. We specialize in Clintonville, Beechwold, and Worthington. Our website may be helpful to you; it's www.ministerrealty.com . I personally live in Clintonville and have lived in Pickerington, Reynoldsburg, Blaclick, German Village, and the Short North. Taxes in the 'burbs tend to be a bit higher- maybe 10-15%. Dublin has many homes under $300,000 in the Dublinshire and Hemingway Village developments off of Muirfield Rd and the developments south of Rt 33 along Avery Rd are mid-$200s. Let me know if you need more info- I'll be glad to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus