Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM

22 posts, read 102,079 times

Advertisements

Hi -- My wife and I (late 20s) are moving to columbus, OH from Charlotte, NC.
I am accepting contract work and will be working near Easton Town center.
I will be in columbus this weekend to search for an apartment and then move the family in couple of weeks. I am looking for input to find out information reg:
1) best place to stay to avoid traffic during rush hour (work close to Easton Town center)
2) Any areas I should be short listing to check out (apartment names would be very helpful).
3) Any areas or apartments I should be avoiding.

Looking to spend around $700 for a 2 bed 2 bath.

Also, we are originally from India and any where abouts of Indian restaurants/groceries would be helpful.

Thanks for your time and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,672,214 times
Ok. If you want to get some advice I am more than happy.

It sounds as though: 1) you do not have kids at the point 2) you are guys are relatively young so may be looking for something not very rural but near some exciting things 3) you are working at Easton.

Now, Easton is in the city of Columbus, but like Charlotte, the city limits are neither small and include many areas that are dense for the suburbs but feel suburban none the less. Columbus has many areas of the city from many eras.

Would you want information about 1) more urban/hip/traditional: There's renovated, friendly 20th century neighborhoods, urban historical ones, inner ring suburbs. Many of these have new build apartment buildings/condos/ and homes in their older settings. Also, there's many condos/apts in buildings around downtown (with pools/etc,) Most of these would be a 10-15 minute drive to Easton.

or 2) more recently developmented areas , a more suburban neighborhood or apartment building, but near retail and area activities. There are many areas like this right around Easton, including high end apartments located all around the Easton development.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,255,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulfkid View Post
Hi -- My wife and I (late 20s) are moving to columbus, OH from Charlotte, NC.
I am accepting contract work and will be working near Easton Town center.
I will be in columbus this weekend to search for an apartment and then move the family in couple of weeks. I am looking for input to find out information reg:
1) best place to stay to avoid traffic during rush hour (work close to Easton Town center)
2) Any areas I should be short listing to check out (apartment names would be very helpful).
3) Any areas or apartments I should be avoiding.

Looking to spend around $700 for a 2 bed 2 bath.

Also, we are originally from India and any where abouts of Indian restaurants/groceries would be helpful.

Thanks for your time and help.
Let me begin by extending a genuinely warm "welcome" to Columbus!
If you're going to be working @ Easton Town Center, there are several areas nearby that you should consider.
The suburb of Gahanna is very pleasant and is located very near to Easton. There are higher end apt. homes located in Gahanna, in addition to nearby Westerville.
Columbus also has a WIDE VARIETY of districts and housing available.

I would suggest that you avoid the areas around Morse Rd & I-71, the Linden and North Linden areas of Columbus, and any of the areas along Rt. 161 ... unless it is located in Westerville.

Check out: www.columbusunderground.com it's an excellent source where you can post inquiries and receive valuable feedback ( sometimes ) from local residents.

Also, I suggest the suburbs of Worthington, Reynoldsburg or Dublin ... all are easily accessible via the vast outerbelt of I-270 that encircles the entire city of Columbus.

I hope this helps out -

Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 PM

22 posts, read 102,079 times
Thanks a lot JohnDB..
I am looking for a short term lease on a 2 bed / 2 bath apartment and called up many apartmnets.. but tiffany lakes apartments was one of them who said they would do it.

The address of this place is 6345 cooper road, columbus, 43219.

We are looking for some feedback on how nice and safe is this one?

This one is kind of in between Rt.161 and I-270 ...much closer to I-270 though.. You asked to avoid Rt.161 but not sure if the above area is unsafe as well??

Thanks a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus