Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM

1,264 posts, read 2,444,246 times

Advertisements

Last month, my old PC died. I was fortunate enough to be given a hand-me-down PC.
I have an iPod touch, and I want to move the music from my iPod touch to iTunes on the PC.
I then want to be able to download music on my PC, move it to iTunes then transfer it to my iPod without losing my current iPod music/files.

Since my old PC crashed, I am pretty sure I did not have "manually managed music" selected.
I'd like to know, if possible, how I can move my music from my iPod touch to my new/used PC WITHOUT losing any of my current music on my iPod touch.
In other words, I want the iTunes on my new/used PC to synch with my iPod touch and then be able to download new music to iTunes and transfer it to my iPod as normal.

Is this possible? What are the steps?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,727,484 times
Yes, it can be done. However, I'm pretty sure Apple still has its draconian DRM in place so you can't simply copy the files over.

So long as you can connect the iPad to the PC and not let iTunes erase and sync it, you can get to the music files and copy them over. I think that when you connect it to your new PC, iTunes will load if its on the computer - don't let it do anything just yet. Go to My Computer, and see if you can find the iPad. If so, you'd have to find the music files, but I don't know if they will be in plain English or simply numbered files.

If its easier, I know there are programs you can get that will rescue the songs as well.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:25 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,727,484 times
Here ya go, see if this works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtRFsX6FBVo

Old 03-15-2011, 08:39 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,356 times
SharePod

This is what you need. This program will copy all of your music, photos, apps, etc from your iPod Touch to your computer. Then all you need to do is put eveything into itunes and then Sync. The first time you Sync it will erase everything on your iPod and then put everything in iTunes back on to your ipod, which if you used the program I mentioned will be everything you currently have on there. Apple doesn't directly allow you to Sync your iPod to multiple computers because it would be very easy to share paid songs with friends and family that way....not that it stops anybody. Good luck.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:34 PM

1,264 posts, read 2,444,246 times
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2016, 12:03 AM

1 posts, read 646 times
Here suggest you to try a third-party tool to make it work. Download and install the software, then connect your iPod to PC using USB port. Then tick “Media” and choose “Music”, and the songs info including name, type, size, artist, album and genre will be listed in the interface. Just choose the songs you want to transfer and click "Export to" – "Export to PC". The songs are sent to the folder you've chose before hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers