Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 12:05 PM

23,608 posts, read 70,485,529 times

Advertisements

Dell has a known problem with soundcards which might or might not be a factor. The company has used cheap generic soundcards and the Creative software. Some of the time the software will load properly, other times it will give an error on startup because of the rights management. I have one computer like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 12:27 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,217,207 times
I agree with Harry. The problem is that you have an outdated, crappy DELL computer. My advice would be to find a good salvage yard to dump this piece of junk and buy an updated computer with an updated OS. At today's prices, you should be able to find a very good computer at a low price.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
How To Fix Error Code 10 (This device cannot start)

Pay particular attention to item #3 about installing vs updating drivers.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,778,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I agree with Harry. The problem is that you have an outdated, crappy DELL computer. My advice would be to find a good salvage yard to dump this piece of junk and buy an updated computer with an updated OS. At today's prices, you should be able to find a very good computer at a low price.
FWIW keep in mind the OP does not sound like (s)he is in the US. Prices for computers are 3-4 times the price in the US ( their prices include a import tax plus a VAT (sales tax) that is 15-17%). Plus and thus the prevalent OS is still XP.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 AM

14 posts, read 16,803 times
the problem is not that i m just asking is that how can i bypass this error "failed to create direct sound device" and play the game without sound card like i have other games which i play without sound how can i play this game without sound

Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,778,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal02 View Post
the problem is not that i m just asking is that how can i bypass this error "failed to create direct sound device" and play the game without sound card like i have other games which i play without sound how can i play this game without sound
We (mostly) can not answer your question on this particular game, since there are nearly zero people in the US who even know what Cricket (to most the insect comes to mind) is and thus not a game based on it. In my opinion you need to go to a computer shop and purchase a new PCI soundcard to replace you're older technology one with newer technology that uses more recent drivers that the game is looking for to load correctly. You will most likely need to go into the BIOS and just off the built-in sound card and also delete the program via add/remove programs for the dell on=board card before installing the new one.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We (mostly) can not answer your question on this particular game, since there are nearly zero people in the US who even know what Cricket (to most the insect comes to mind) is and thus not a game based on it. In my opinion you need to go to a computer shop and purchase a new PCI soundcard to replace you're older technology one with newer technology that uses more recent drivers that the game is looking for to load correctly. You will most likely need to go into the BIOS and just off the built-in sound card and also delete the program via add/remove programs for the dell on=board card before installing the new one.
ok now i will forget about this stupid game and play other games without sound i dont like playing games with sound anyways

ok guys thanks for helping anyways.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal02 View Post
Have you gone to any of the websites linked to in this thread? Have you tried any of the ideas for fixing the problem that have been presented?

From your posts you have done nothing about the error except ask more questions then give up because we can't just hand you the solution.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Have you gone to any of the websites linked to in this thread? Have you tried any of the ideas for fixing the problem that have been presented?

From your posts you have done nothing about the error except ask more questions then give up because we can't just hand you the solution.
yes i have searched it on google but found nothing about it

Old 09-30-2013, 06:27 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,217,207 times
According to Dell's web site, the OptiPlex GX60 does not have the Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-1]. According to Dell, your computer has the ADI 198x Integrated Audio controller, so you might be installing the wrong driver. Try the one they have available at their web site here:

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US#

Scroll down until you see "audio", and click on it. Then click on "download". It is very important to uninstall ALL audio drivers from your computer before you install this driver. Hopefully, this should solve your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers